Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What have you done this week to forward your 2017 prepping goals?
Okay, time to start the New Year off.  Post your accomplishments and projects.  Smile
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Decided on making the Maxpedition Lunada my standard EDC pack.  Holds everything I currently consider important to have on hand with room left over for future items I may want to carry.  Very comfortable, very rugged and durable and lots of options are available for attachments should I need them.  Mine is black.  Wish I could remember what I paid for it. Definitely wasn't full price.  I got it off Ebay and it was listed as a Remora which has one less pocket and is just slightly smaller.  Lucked out when it turned out to be a Lunada.  

May not seem like a 'prepping' goal, but I cleaned out my garage.  Now I can get to my workout equipment.  I've gotten back into my workouts so now I have access to all of my stuff to 'get my swoll on'!

Smile

Today's the last day of my vacation.  During this time I charged up all of my EDC batteries.  Bought the EA11 and Astrolux S1 lights.  Cleaned the garage and it's paid off as I've been pumping iron again.  Planted more kale and lettuce.  Put three inch screws in my dead bolt.  Purchased a backup Zippo lighter on auction on Ebay.  Went camping with friends and family. And got the wife here CCW.  Excellent vacation and happy to have gotten some stuff done in addition to relaxing.

I bought one of those 800 watt generators from Harbor freight last week for $88.88 as a back up to my 5600 watt gen. The little sucker actually works really good! And it's a lot quieter than the big one. But now I have to stock up on 2 cycle oil...
(01-17-2017, 06:01 AM)Gene Wrote: I bought one of those 800 watt generators from Harbor freight last week for $88.88 as a back up to my 5600 watt gen. The little sucker actually works really good! And it's a lot quieter than the big one. But now I have to stock up on 2 cycle oil...

What do you plan to power with it?  How long do you figure it will run on a tank of gas?

Description states that it will run for 5 hours on one tank (1.1 gal) at half load. The plan is to use it with the box trailer/ stealth camper project. But it can be used to run the fridge or the freezer or some lights and a fan or a battery charger. It's small, light and very portable.
It could be the back-up for the big one/ if the big one quits.
I've been selling a lot of quail eggs lately.  One gentleman has purchased 300 in the last month or so plus several folks at work have bought multiple dozens.

My current plan is to double the number of quail I have on hand.  I'm going to move two of my rain barrels to make room so that I can add another hutch to hold three cages.  I'll then hatch out until I have a total of 50 hens in five cages and one cage for a grow out cage.  That should put me up to around 40+ eggs on an average day.

I'll relocate the rain barrels to the side of the house should I need them at some point.

Bought a new vehicle, Chevy Equinox.  This gives me a third vehicle in good repair should the need arise.  Also signed up for 6 months of XM (that takes effect after my free 3-month trial).  This gives me access to things like Fox News so that I can stay current on anything that kicks off.

I also have three free months of OnStar.  After that I have 5-years of basic service for free.  They'll have to offer me a very good deal to go beyond that.  But XM did so maybe they will too.

(02-27-2017, 05:04 PM)David Wrote: I've been selling a lot of quail eggs lately.  One gentleman has purchased 300 in the last month or so plus several folks at work have bought multiple dozens.

My current plan is to double the number of quail I have on hand.  I'm going to move two of my rain barrels to make room so that I can add another hutch to hold three cages.  I'll then hatch out until I have a total of 50 hens in five cages and one cage for a grow out cage.  That should put me up to around 40+ eggs on an average day.

I'll relocate the rain barrels to the side of the house should I need them at some point.

Nevermind, I looked up quail eggs and now know more about them than I intended. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up What have you done this week to forward your 2018 prepping goals? David 59 9,968 12-06-2018, 02:44 PM
Last Post: David
  Alcohol & Prepping Scout 16 909 09-29-2018, 01:01 AM
Last Post: Bob
Exclamation Pay it forward David 15 4,979 05-31-2018, 11:23 AM
  Thrift Stores, Antique Stores, and prepping Chico Bill 6 2,182 02-04-2018, 10:38 PM
Last Post: bdcochran
Video Ten prepping lessons that L.E. Has taught me video David 2 1,041 11-14-2017, 06:05 AM
Last Post: Gene
Question 2017 United States Presidential Inauguration David 24 7,118 01-29-2017, 01:35 AM
Last Post: mac66
Question Your goals for 2017? David 1 1,126 01-08-2017, 04:37 AM
Last Post: Gene
Question What have you done this week to forward your 2016 prepping goals? David 74 25,314 11-26-2016, 12:52 PM
  Prepping For Gas Shortages JRSC 16 4,782 09-30-2016, 01:09 PM
Last Post: kirgi08
Question What have you done this week to forward your 2015 prepping goals? David 61 27,184 01-02-2016, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Dr. Dickie