Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tennessee Fires
Here is a great example of a disaster that we generally don't prep for - but could hit anyone anywhere.  

Kind of insidious in that it is slow enough that you don't go into emergency mode, yet fast enough that it can "catch" you off-guard even if on guard.  And, it raises that question I always bring up:  So you have five years of stored food.  whatcha gonna do now?  Too much to move that fast.  Partly a reason I don't focus on extreme survival supplies.  Any truly bad situation will almost certainly necessitate me leaving.  To that end:

Are all of you papers/files backed up, portable, ready to go on a flash drive or in the cloud?
Do you have a "valuables List" of prioritized things to take that aren't MRE's and ammo?
Do you know where you would go?  Woods 20 miles away is obviously out....

Happened in Canada recently too.  I have smelled smoke here in Tampa before....
Well my man, it's all a crap-shoot, no one knows just what will happen at any one point in time or place. The chances are the exact same that one would have an event that would allow one to enjoy the fruits of his labor(a bug-in situation).

But the point is to do something... even if it's wrong, at least you tried. If you save up a couple of years of food and get to bug-in, you win. If you don't then Plan B, you are suddenly in completion with the rest of your neighbors hunting for stray cats.

But you are right, to much is to much. So Prep your knowledge= knowledge beats stuff.
werd - and knowledge weighs nothing and can be carried everywhere!
The more you know the less you need.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fires - not to be trifled with! Bob 11 1,515 11-30-2018, 02:43 PM
Last Post: justsaymo
  Wild Fires and Preparedness Bob 7 3,092 05-02-2017, 02:22 AM
Last Post: Bob