Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Deal Alert Thread
(01-07-2017, 09:06 PM)ric0123 Wrote: Harbor Freight is closing out their 800 watt generators for under $90..    I know, it's HF, but apparently the little 800 watt unit is pretty good.  A lot of ham radio operators use them for field days.    800 watts isn't going to get you very far, but $90 aint going to set you back much.  I"m so very tempted but I just don't have the space for it  (i'm in an apt)

There is a 7 year/23 page long thread on that generator at ar15.com. They were $80 back then. Just about anything you ever wanted to know about it is in that thread. The general consensus is that it's a good deal.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_18/63249...ge-14.html
ThorFire VG10 Tactical LED Flashlight

$8.99 with code:  SQYPGBB4
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Eagles Camp Bivy 1 Man Tent

http://www.cabelas.com/product/eagle-s-c...rPage%3D18
Lots of flashlight deals:

Flashlight deals!

Scout wanted me to put some links here in the deal thread on the ferro/mag rod I used at the last SEP gathering.  Here's an examples:

Ebay

If anyone is interested in an 18650 tube light:

Link

Scroll down until you get to the BLF section.  You'll see the BLF A6 for $19.95.  The BLF A6 is the same light as the Astrolux S1 (it was the A6 first then rebranded to the S).  I have the S1 right now and it's an excellent light.  I like the 'two-is-one and one-is-none' mantra so I wanted a spare.  I ordered a separate 18350 tube for $2.49 as well.  This is only $3 more than I paid for the S1 back in December and it was on sale then.  Normally they are $29+.

Harbor Freight has plastic ammo cans on sale for $5. These appear to be the smaller .30 cal size cans. Could be handy for ammo, tools, FAKs etc. I going to run ove to the HF near me tomorrow and check them out.

http://www.harborfreight.com/Ammo-Box-61...NCJ9%0D%0A

Midway has a good deal going right now on 12 ga buck. 250 rounds/$70 of S&B. Shipping to my house took two days and was approx $17. It is roll crimped so might be a tag longer than star crimped. Some people have reported that due to the length they can't get a full load in their extended tube mags.

Bought some last week. It does fit in my Saiga drums and mags and will fit and run in my 5 shot Mossberg 500. I tried it out in my both my Saiga and Mossberg and ordered another 250 rounds today.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1016959...-9-pellets
S-B is good stuff.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Quantity has a quality all of its own.
Yes, that's actually a very good deal even considering the shipping.

Harbor Freight cans...

-Flush folding handle
-Stackable
-Locking tabs
-About 30 caliber size
-Rubber gasket in lid which makes them dust/water resistant. Probably not water proof
-The label on the side is removable, DOES NOT have "Bunker Hill Security" painted on the side like in the coupon photo
-Not heavy duty, you would not want to drop them when loaded or throw them around
-Would be good for ammo (like S&B buckshot), tools, first aid kits, fishing gear, radios, e-kits etc.
-Top is not removable
-Limit 5 w/coupon

I bought a couple $5/ea with coupon plus got a free digital multimeter w/another coupon. May go back and get a couple more and another multimeter. Wink

[Image: IMG_0943_zpsxvijxj05.jpg]

BTW these cans will hold about 110 loose shotgun shells or 133 with a flush sealed lid if you stack them carefully... add 7 more if you don't mind the lid bulging a bit. Bottom two rows are verticle, top row is horizontal with the extras thrown on top to fit into the molded spaces in the lid.

[Image: IMG_0945_zpsfpglnnsq.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Thread name changed: War on Police David 29 13,815 11-11-2018, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Bob
  Tomorrow, stay alert bmyers 1 1,212 11-23-2017, 06:11 PM
Last Post: David