Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Review Thread
Maxpedition Mini Pocket Organizer:

[Image: Maxpedition-Mini-Pocket-Organizer_b2.jpg]

The first time I saw these I didn't give them a second glance. However, now that I've EDC'd for a couple of years I've really seen what they have to offer. It is compact enough to easily fit in the back pocket of pants or shorts. It is large enough to hold items like:

7W CREE LED 3-mode Ultrafire flashlight. Modes include high, low and strobe. I have a 14500 battery in it which is suppose to get in the neighborhood of around 300 lumens. This also can take a AA battery which is also in the organizer.

Ferro rod with scraper/striker

Chapstick

Button compass

Whistle

Hand sanitizer spray

Eye glass cleaning wipe

Emergency space blanket

Small ziploc baggy with three cotton balls and some of my homemade tinder.

A few various sized bandaids

Rain poncho

Couple of antibacterial moist wipes

Attached to one of the zipper cords (and tucked into the outside pocket) one of those Rayovac kechain LED flashlights.

I could put more in it if necessary and it wouldn't be too stuffed. Just a great item and I've been pleased with it. I also purchased the Micro and have been pleased with it as well. So much so that I ordered a second one for my son who wanted one after seeing mine.  As much as I use Maxpedition as a yard stick against the various clones I've purchased, I have yet to see a clone that is as well made or practical as these pocket organizers.

Amazon link
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
[Image: 1414620000643-P-742467.jpg]

This was my original review of the  F13 after ordering two lights:

Quote:Received both of the Ultrafire F13 XM-l2 flashlights I ordered in the DEAL ALERT thread in the Packs and Gear section. That was 18 days in transit which isn't that bad. It comes with an 18650 sleeve and a 3xAAA holder which is nice to have those two items included. I tested both out with a Trustfire Flame 26650. The hot spot is tighter than the A8 that I have so it puts a bit more light into a smaller more focused area. The spill isn't quite as bright as the A8 but still quite bright. What this means is the throw seems to be even farther than the A8 while the overall lumens looks to be similar. I have no way to measure lumens but it is easily as bright as the A8 overall. The O-ring is glow-in-the-dark which is also a nice feature.

Overall it is a really nice light and for $9 an incredible deal. It is slightly larger in length than the A8 and the front have is larger in diameter. I'll probably still carry the A8 as my primary deep woods light, but it will be a hard choice. The determining factor may be if it fits in the zippered pouch on top of my hiking bag or not. But it will make an outstanding back up.

Since that time I've ordered two more because it was such an excellent deal.  The price has gone up a couple of bucks, but for $11 you'll be hard pressed to find a better 26650 light.  Spend the money and get quality 26650 batteries (Trustfire Flame, Keeppower, Efest, King Kong etc.  Stay away from other types of xxxxfire batteries like the cheap ones on Ebay).  And get a good charger.

F13 link

I have the jumbo version of the maxpedition EDC above and I also discovered that the small elastic perfectly fits the pocket pill bottles (that you get at the checkout lane of the gas stations) and also hold bic lighters, AA batteries and chapstick perfectly. I keep zyrtec, advil and aleve in mine . Those little tubes come with only 5 to 10 pills, but will actually hold a LOT more.
(08-28-2015, 02:47 AM)David Wrote: [Image: 1414620000643-P-742467.jpg]

Since that time I've ordered two more because it was such an excellent deal.  The price has gone up a couple of bucks, but for $11 you'll be hard pressed to find a better 26650 light.  Spend the money and get quality 26650 batteries (Trustfire Flame, Keeppower, Efest, King Kong etc.  Stay away from other types of xxxxfire batteries like the cheap ones on Ebay).  And get a good charger.

F13 link

The first reason I came here, paid off already! Big Grin
Anker® 14W Dual-Port Solar Charger - Evaluation and Nitecore UM20

Anker 8W Single-Port Portable Foldable Outdoor Solar Charger with PowerIQ Technology

[Image: 51nF8X%2BrZCL.jpg]

NiteCore NiteCore-UM20 Li-ion 2-Bay Battery Charger

[Image: 31BP1lj43YL._SX425_.jpg]

Quote:Samsung Galaxy S3

Start at 39% - 0850
65% - 0935
81% - 1005
92% - 1026
100% - 1056

Ipad Mini

Start at 7% - 1100
28% - 1132
35% - 1145
76% - 1256
95% - 1337
100% - 1402

I'm very impressed with this product and the performance so far. These devices charged quickly in my opinion, quicker than I had expected. Now the amount of sunlight will differ on any given day of course due to many factors, but it's nice to have a device that will allow charging whether out camping or during a power outage.
This is one of my solutions for sustained battery power in a grid-down situation.  The Anker has two USB ports and the Nitecore charges from USB so they fit like hand-in-glove.  The Anker will charge things directly that use USB or attach the charger to charge up batteries (up to 18650).  Worked extremely well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Heart Merrell Moab 2 side zip 8" boots review mac66 4 898 10-22-2017, 06:17 PM
Last Post: mac66
Video Short review I did on the Spyderco Tenacious and Resiliance. TN.Frank 2 1,184 09-09-2016, 05:10 PM
Last Post: TN.Frank
Thumbs Up Review: When All Plans Fail David 3 1,943 07-10-2016, 01:42 PM
Last Post: David
  Review: Sanrenmu 7010 Racer 1 1,173 07-27-2015, 01:00 AM
Last Post: Wolfman