Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your EDC pocket knife?
Varies. My most beloved used tool period is the Swiss Climber. Or some Swiss Army Knife…

[Image: IMG_0342_zpsb1903a67.jpg]

Folders vary….

T to B: Gerber Armor (Heavy Business - not usually EDC), Spyderco Native III (Often…), Gerber Paraframe (Backup in pack), Kershaw Scallion (2nd most often), Gerber (Mini FAST Draw)

[Image: IMG_0341_zps515f0325.jpg]
I wish the Gerber e/o had a tip up carry.'08. Sad
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Quantity has a quality all of its own.
(11-01-2015, 04:27 PM)justsaymo Wrote: For decades I was a big fan of the Gerber LST, medium size, small and light enough to go unnoticed in the pocket, yet big enough for most jobs I needed a blade for.  It could be opened one handed and locked securely. I used up and retired three or four of them along the way.

About four years ago I rediscovered Swiss Army knives. I had one (a field master I believe) as a kid but managed to close it across my finger and promptly traded it off. A friend gave me a Trekker, I was determind NOT to like it but it has been my EDC ever since. It's BIG, but has tools I use everyday for all sorts of things. The size makes it a little more useful for heavier chores. Opens with one hand and locks. The steel will take and hold a good edge.

[Image: Trekker%20Swiss_zpsf26mctxq.jpg]

At first I wasn't too keen on the saw but I've found it very useful clearing out brush in front of my trail cameras and scoring limbs for easier breaking.

[Image: Swiss%20Trekker%20saw_zpsvehei7l0.jpg]

I'm not a huge fan of the spear point either. It come from the factory about as pointy as a butter knife but that is easy to fix.  I haven't used it on big game yet but I'm certain it'll get the job done if called upon.  I much prefer a fixed blade for that as they are easier to clean up during and after the field dressing, too many nooks and crannies in the SAK.  The Trekker's blade is long enough to carve off a nice slice of roast for a sandwich and wide enough to spread the mayo.

The only tool that doesn't get much use is the awl. I've used it a few times to scribe a straight line in lumber and to mark/start a spot for a drill bit.

The screw drivers have saved me many times. The cap lifter is always handy and I use it to spark my fire steel. The can opener gets used frequently as do the tweezers.  The toothpick is handy too especially after being in the field for a few days.

[Image: fire%201_zpszbuv6plj.jpg]

I like it well enough that I bought two back-ups that I keep in my BOB's.

I REALLY like the look of that Trekker!
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
For the past year i have been carrying the Kershaw Thermite blackwash edition, at Christmas my son got me the Kershaw Skyline which i have been carrying for the past few weeks. I find it an excellent lightweight urban EDC takes a good edge and keeps it with abit of a strop, i liked it so much i have ordered 5 more of them as gifts to my family [only way to keep the missus from "borrowing" it] combined with an SAK and Rebar multitool i think i have found my EDC combo for the next year or so.

The Kershaw Thermite is now kept in my work/go bag as a backup. As a word of caution two of the people i work with have expressed there happyness at my not using an assisted opening knife as work, which suprised me somewhat as they had not mentioned it before, on the plus side after a chat i asked them to be sure to tell me if i make them unhappy in anyway. It was not the size of the blade or me using it, just the sound of me opening it that made them nervous, something to keep in mind as there are many "nervous nellies" out there as my father use to say.

Good job they do not know about my bootknife Smile , which is a hangover from my days in the services.
Cold steel Voyager...plain edge non serrated XL PREFFERED.
Belt knife...anything ESEE. Swiss Army Pro hunter
Woods chopper...CS GHURKHA KHUKURI, or carbon v Trailmaster or HIMILAYAN IMPORTS CAK 18 inch!
Neck knife...ESEE.

ESEE is fast overtaking my preference for CS, due to high carbon steel construction and the best knife warranty one could ask for! Still in the market for a JUNGLAS....
"As a matter of Survival, ALL. CREATURES ARE FAIR GAME!"

Les Stroud Big Grin

Special snowflakes will be melted and consumed...I need to stay hydrated!

Big Grin
Glockzilla, how do you like the Swiss Pro Hunter?
(09-10-2016, 01:15 PM)justsaymo Wrote: Glockzilla, how do you like the Swiss Pro Hunter?

I love it! I'm a big blade dude..and well it's not big, but bigger! I always wanted a single blade SA THAT  WAS  big enough to do some real work in an emergency situation w/o too much fear of breaking. Lite weight, great grip, smooth pointy and just sexy enough to make guys go "WTH IS THAT??" 

Then ya show em.

"Damn, really??!!"

Instant sale. At least for SA anyway. I don't sell knives. Wish I did. 

Always loved SA...and like the Trekker and soldier one handers...this is a wonderful knife!

Les Stroud Big Grin

Big Grin
(09-11-2016, 02:26 AM)Glockzilla10mm Wrote:
(09-10-2016, 01:15 PM)justsaymo Wrote: Glockzilla, how do you like the Swiss Pro Hunter?

I love it! I'm a big blade dude..and well it's not big, but bigger! I always wanted a single blade SA THAT  WAS  big enough to do some real work in an emergency situation w/o too much fear of breaking. Lite weight, great grip, smooth pointy and just sexy enough to make guys go "WTH IS THAT??" 

Then ya show em.

"Damn, really??!!"

Instant sale. At least for SA anyway. I don't sell knives. Wish I did. 

Always loved SA...and like the Trekker and  soldier one handers...this is a wonderful knife!

Looks like you may have just influenced another sale... I'm on the hunt for one now.
Hope it serves you well! I want the orange one now...WHY?? Cause it's there!

Les Stroud Big Grin

Big Grin
I have a zillion pocket knives, like most of ya'll. However for the past couple of years I've been carrying a little flip open I bought at Lowes called a Razor-Lite made by Outdoor Edge. They have an extremely sharp stainless blade which is replaceable and you get 3 extra blades with the knife. You can also buy packs of 6 and 12 blades for future use. Since I've been carrying this knife I've grown to like it so much I bought 8 more and an extra 100 blades. There are now 3 knives and 12 extra blades in all our get home bags, vehicles, etc. For the money these knives are awesome, and after sharpening a blade for the hundredth time or destroying it while doing something stupid, you just slip out the blade and pop in a new one.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EDC pocket suspension clip David 9 5,205 08-22-2019, 11:22 AM
Last Post: David
  TRS 5N1 EDC Tactical Knife David 5 427 03-01-2019, 01:42 AM
  Knife making? ric0123 5 1,287 06-15-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Wolfman
  Knife selection process bdcochran 5 1,632 05-19-2018, 06:16 AM
Last Post: Wolfman
  Pocket dump David 1 589 05-03-2018, 09:26 AM
Last Post: bmyers
  What do Spec Ops dudes carry every day? Every Day Carry (EDC) Pocket Dump David 6 1,351 05-01-2018, 10:20 PM
Last Post: bmyers
  Cold Steel Rajah III, Small Knife with a Big Knife Feel. TN.Frank 2 727 04-19-2018, 04:51 PM
  Long Term Carbon Steel knife storage Glockzilla10mm 5 2,414 11-04-2017, 03:09 PM
Last Post: TN.Frank
  New Knife video, Enjoy. TN.Frank 2 1,419 08-26-2017, 02:09 PM
Last Post: TN.Frank
  My top knife picks from 2016 TN.Frank 6 2,700 04-18-2017, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Anomander Rake