Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prepper Practice
Saturday I'll get to practice my prepper weapon skills. I'm shooting an event called Lord of the Range. It's 9 surprise stages where they provide all the weapons and ammo. All I know is that there are several pistol, several rifle, a shotgun, bow, and slingshot stages. Using unfamiliar guns and completely foreign bows and slingshots will be a challenge. You never know what you will come across in a SHTF situation so this is a good primer.
Should be fun.
Man that sounds like the perfect course of fire for a SHTF scenario.  Who's putting this on and what's the cost?  Ya know we're gonna need details after you've finished  Wink
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
It's at Salem Hunting Club here in Ohio. Only $30 which is a fantastic bargain compared to normal matches. I just skipped a 2gun match Sunday that would have cost $25 and a couple hundred rounds of ammo. For them to supply the guns, ammo, and lunch for $30 is great. There are also custom trophies for top 3 spots and cash prizes for top 2. I don't know exactly what type of shooting there will be or what level of competition, but can't really go wrong.
I'll update after the match.
(09-13-2016, 06:32 PM)Ronin.45 Wrote: I don't know exactly what type of shooting there will be...

Well the targets will be zombies of course  Big Grin

Well I had to look up the Salem Hunting Club in Salem Ohio. It is east of Canton and south of Youngstown which is in eastern Ohio near the Pennsylvania border. Intriguing but a bit too far to go play gun games for me.
(09-14-2016, 03:11 AM)mac66 Wrote: Well I had to look up the Salem Hunting Club in Salem Ohio. It is east of Canton and south of Youngstown which is in eastern Ohio near the Pennsylvania border. Intriguing but a bit too far to go play gun games for me.

It's outside my normal AO, but not terribly so. For a 1 time trip it's not too far for me.
Just finished up. Pretty fun match. All stationary shooting. Mostly offhand, but some bench. The archery and slingshot didn't mess me up as much as I feared. I didn't ace them, but didn't embarrass myself either. I was solid in rifle and shotgun. Pistol is my strong suit and I did well there. Some of the stages were pretty hard. A,snubby SP101 at clays and pingpong balls offhand double action. Splitting a playing card with a Glock 43 mouse gun.
They should have scores tallied shortly.

The guns were not exactly target guns. Vintage M1 carbines, AK47s, M&P15-22, SP101, Glock 43, M&P Shield. It evened the playing field very well.
I wasn't sure what kind of competition there would be. We had a few decent shooters in our squad, but the others were a mystery. When they announced that 2nd and 3rd were only 50 points apart at 3800 and 3850 points respectively I knew I was pretty safe. My 5750 was good enough to get the 1st place trophy and $150 cash prize.
[Image: 20160917_141507.jpg]
Sounds like a great day!  Wonder if they do anything like that around here?

That sounds like a ton-o-fun even if I came in last!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Training & Practice Ronin.45 11 6,705 07-21-2015, 09:56 PM
Last Post: David