Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your EDC
I've actually known my wife for 46 years, been together for 44. We met our freshman year in college, hung out with a group of others and started officially dating our junior year though we'd gone out off and on the first two years. Got married two years out of college once we both got jobs and got settled.
(02-18-2019, 02:30 PM)mac66 Wrote: Just an aside I got my open water scuba certification on this cruise. Took the classroom/pool portion at home and the 4 open water certification dives (2 dives/per day in 2 days (one day on Curacao, the other on Aruba). It was awesome and something I always wanted to do.
Congrats Mac... I use to teach NAUI/PADI in the 80's to early 90's
At least you did the OW in nice areas.... I did all of mine up in the North... see nothing more than 4 ft unless you dive in winter
(02-22-2019, 08:12 PM)Tom Mac Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 02:30 PM)mac66 Wrote: Just an aside I got my open water scuba certification on this cruise. Took the classroom/pool portion at home and the 4 open water certification dives (2 dives/per day in 2 days (one day on Curacao, the other on Aruba). It was awesome and something I always wanted to do.
Congrats Mac... I use to teach NAUI/PADI in the 80's to early 90's
At least you did the OW in nice areas.... I did all of mine up in the North... see nothing more than 4 ft unless you dive in winter

A bit chilly to do the open water part in Michigan in the winter. Knowing I was going on a cruise in Feb I did the pool (confined water) part in November.  The instructor allows his students to come back anytime to refresh in the pool at no cost so I did a refresher at the end of January.  Then I did what is known as "referral dives" in warm water to test out.  I had pretty much finished all the skills by the fourth dive which was in Aruba. That one was on the Anitllla wreck which was a WWII German freighter that was scuttled to keep it from falling into allied hands.  That was a cool dive and really gave me the itch for more.
Yes, that is a really nice dive.... one of the top 3 there IMO... have been on them myself.