Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your EDC
Nice, great price!
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I ordered two of them. I have one setup for myself and one set up for the wife. We have had them for over a year and they have held up well. Mine gets taken into work and tossed around a lot. Her bag spends most of the time in the SUV.
Glock 19 check out my new holster......             http://www.sneakypeteholsters.com/glock-...belt-clip/

they make this style for most guns, just pput in a search for yours and geet a pprice i think its great.
Just ordered this Maxpedition knock-off off Ebay.  Got it in black python grain.  It was only $7.99 so it will give me a good chance to compare the knock-off to the name-brand inexpensively.  It is a clone of the Maxpedition Remora which is slightly smaller than my Maxpedition Lunada.  Hoping that it will turn out to be a good bag.  May make it my EDC for some actual field testing.  

Also ordered the 30l rucksack off Ebay as well for my EDC work bag.  I was hoping it would arrive this weekend and was actually suppose to arrive today.  UPS dropped the ball on that.  it was only $10.95 and got it in black python grain as well.  Kinda liking that pattern and hopefully will like it when I actually get them.

One more purchase off Ebay that was only $3 each.  Got an orange one for a FAK or maybe a fire kit and one in black python grain to go with one of my other bags above.

I received the $8 Maxped Remora knock-off a couple of days ago.  Actually, they messed up somehow and sent two of them.  Not sure how that happened, screw up in their shipping department I guess.  Anyway, wife loved the bag and claim one of them.  The fabric is cheaper at 600D than the Maxped 1000D.  Probably not the biggest deal unless you're going to be out in the bush with it on a daily basis.  As an EDC bag for just being out and about it would probably be fine and last quite a while.  My concern would be in the quality of the seam stitching.  Way too early to tell on that of course but that is an area that Maxped does seem to shine.  

Having said that, I actually ordered a different one for my own use.  This one from Ebay.  It is also 600D and too be honest I'd prefer 1000D but for the price I'll give it a try.  The reason I ordered it is that it has some features the first one didn't have.  Minor features but important to me if I'm going to use it as an EDC.  

[Image: 81OvCEUO00L._SL1200_.jpg]

[Image: 81pL9fPy-2L._SL1200_.jpg]

If you look at the first picture, at the top where the buckle is you'll see three molle-style straps.  Two are going over the buckle strap and one is underneath the buckle itself.  One the one I have right now there is no strap underneath the buckle.  With a strap the buckle can be placed underneath the strap which in turn holds the whole thing together.  Without that strap the 'sleeve' or whatever that part is called tends to fold under when you put it on an it isn't comfortable.  Best way I can describe it.  Also, in the second picture in two of the pockets you'll see webbing on the inside of the smaller pouch and a velcro strap over a pocket in the bigger pouch.  Those little features are missing in the $8 version.

So I'll give the $15 version a look and see if it will meet my needs. 

Edited to add:  While typing this post I was also scanning Amazon.  I saw this:

Ebay

It looked to have all the features I was looking for plus the cordage on the zippers was covered as well to make it more difficult for the cordage to come off.  It was 1000D cordura material as well.  Same day delivery.  So for less than the price of one Remora (cheapest I'm seeing right now is $75) I'll have two for $8, one for $15 and one for $30.  Wife gets one, a couple for vehicles as part of the GHB gear and one for me to carry.  

Yes, I like gear  Smile

I have the $15 version of the pack which I ordered mine off of Amazon December of 2016 is when I ordered the seconded one. I have one for me and one for Rhonda. They have held up well and mine gets carried everyday at work (you have seen the pictures posted on the forum of it) and Rhonda's is generally left in the truck.

Setting in its spot at work
Do you remember the particular maker and was it 600D or 1000D?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XTZVU4S/ref...UTF8&psc=1

I ordered it in black

G4Free Outdoor Tactical Backpack,Military Sport Pack Daypack Shoulder Backpack for Camping, Hiking, Trekking,Rover Sling Pack Chest Pack
Ok, that's good to know.  It is the same one I ordered yesterday in python black.  It is 600D so I'm glad to see that it's holding up well for you.  It has some nice features to it over the $8 version in my opinion like I described above. 

I'm going to add a couple of features to it.  Take a look at Sootch00's Lunada review below starting at the 2 minute mark:

The Lunada is the next size up from the G4free/Remora sized sling bag but you could add the same second strap feature to it.  I have that strap on my Lunada and it does make a big difference in keeping the pack stable when you're on the move.  I may have an extra strap like that but if I can't find it then I can simply braid a piece of paracord like when I make a bracelet.  I have extra buckles for when I make bracelets and some of them have the fire steel and whistle as part of the buckle.  I could simply weave a longer version and then I have extra paracord as well.  I'll run it up the side under the molle webbing to hold when not in use.  

I might also weave some paracord around the grab handle on top to cushion it a bit.  The Maxped Remora/Lunada has a nice cushioned wrap around the handle that's really nice.  These just have the same material so I figure paracord wrap will provide cushion as well as extra cordage which is always a good thing.

I you, or anyone has some tips on how to tweak a bag like this, please shout out.  I'm always looking for ideas to tweak an EDC bag.

As mentioned above, in the video in the preceding post, at the 2 minute mark Sootch00 demonstrates that second strap.  I was able to add that to the Black Reebow sling bag I linked in post #35 above (at the bottom under the photos).  

I also added one of the glow stick I got from UV Paqlite as a safety feature when walking but also to help finding the bag in dark/dim light conditions since the bag is black.