Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your EDC
I pack a lot of gear similar to what y'all have listed. There are only a few things that I would consider to be a must have for "me" in all my bags. zip ties & duct tape. lol Those are must haves for me. I have done it a few different ways. Lately I have been using one of those small rolls of Clear Gorilla tape. I think it is about 1.5 inches wide. I then squeeze it and then it takes up less room. I also have some of the 1 inch black Gorilla tape. I just unrolled about 2 feet of it, then folded it up so I could have some in my BOB. The two handy items take up hardly any room, and weigh next to nothing considering their usefulness.
These two simple items have gotten me out of a jam more than once. The latest event was when I was driving with friend to a event 2 hours out of town. Driving his car, and I should have known something stupid would happen, he isn't a car guy. He doesn't even own a tire pressure gauge, much less a air pump! But, I had brought my small Car Bag. (I will list its contents later)
Well about 30 min out it began raining. I turned on the wipers and at 70mph the drivers side blade broke where it attaches. So the blade was there just spun 180 degrees on its back scraping the windshield. At least it didnt fly off. So now on the side of the road I was able to zip tie & tape it into place good enough to work.
He no longer makes fun of my "purse"! lol
(01-08-2017, 01:22 PM)RicFlair Wrote: I pack a lot of gear similar to what y'all have listed. There are only a few things that I would consider to be a must have for "me" in all my bags. zip ties & duct tape. lol Those are must haves for me. I have done it a few different ways. Lately I have been using one of those small rolls of Clear Gorilla tape. I think it is about 1.5 inches wide. I then squeeze it and then it takes up less room. I also have some of the 1 inch black Gorilla tape. I just unrolled about 2 feet of it, then folded it up so I could have some in my BOB. The two handy items take up hardly any room, and weigh next to nothing considering their usefulness.
These two simple items have gotten me out of a jam more than once. The latest event was when I was driving with friend to a event 2 hours out of town. Driving his car, and I should have known something stupid would happen, he isn't a car guy.  He doesn't even own a tire pressure gauge, much less a air pump! But, I had brought my small Car Bag. (I will list its contents later)
Well about 30 min out it began raining. I turned on the wipers and at 70mph the drivers side blade broke where it attaches. So the blade was there just spun 180 degrees on its back scraping the windshield. At least it didnt fly off. So now on the side of the road I was able to zip tie & tape it into place good enough to work.
He no longer makes fun of my "purse"! lol

Somehow I missed this post.  Duct tape and twist ties get a thumbs up from me.  I have both and will now include them in my EDC.  Thanks  Smile
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I use these tape holders on just about everything. I attach them to just about every bag, key ring and eveyrthing I own.

http://www.nylonrifles.com/wp/2013/02/ha...pe-holder/
I like that duct tape idea Mac.  Thumbs up!

I could probably do better for overall EDC prep stuff, but I'll post what I'm carrying now with some context and I'm open to criticism...

I'm going to work from on-body to in-car.

On body:

[Image: EEHzi2x.jpg?1]

I've been wearing a Frank Proctor (Way of the Gun) B.E.L.T. for about six months with a spare Glock 19 magazine and Streamlight PT1L-1AA flashlight in the front elastic loops.  Since around the beginning of the year I've been carrying my Glock 26 (stock except Ameriglo thin Spaulding sights...yellow, but if I could do it again I'd go orange) with 12rd factory magazine (pic shows a Magpul mag... I've been dry-firing) in a Mastermind Tactics IWB holster.  The CRKT Squid has been a constant companion since Jan 2016, and the Ruger LCP which nests into the Mitch Rosen Express line pocket holster goes in my right front pocket when I wake up and doesn't leave until I go to bed (a carry-over from when drug dealers moved into the homes on each side of mine.  They're gone now, but the at home plan was up to 7 rounds, throw empty gun, get bigger gun. I carry both my badge/ID wallet and regular wallet in my back left pocket.  The regular wallet is a Whipping Post "The Picker's Wallet", which was a gift from my wife.  I love it!I used the Iphone to take the picture, but that's part of my EDC as well. 

Recently, my wife gave me a Saddleback Leather Indiana Satchel as an anniversary gift and I've started carrying it much of the time (It's new to me so I often forget... I'm very much a creature of habit).  Here's what's inside now:

[Image: BvIl9vA.jpg?1]

Trauma kit which includes:
     -SOFT-W Tourniquet
     -SWAT-T Tourniquet
     -OLAES Bandage
     -FoxSeal Occlusive
     -Compressed Gauze
     -Space blanket
     -Trauma shears
     -Gloves

Spare Glock 19 mag (all mags loaded with Federal 147gr HST 9mm ammunition)
Sharpie marker for dozens of uses

My home-made cargo-pocket survival kit which includes:
     -Two liquid zip-lockish containers taken from military MREs
     -Katadyn water purification tablets
     -Mini Bic lighter
     -SOL emergency whistle
     -Streamlight MicroStream flashlight
     -Space blanket
     -UST survival card
     -Sharpening stone
     -Spyderco Byrd mini knife thing
     -Mini compass from a Swiss Army Knife kit
     -Firesteel and Magnesium rod

The survival card, sharpening stone, knife, compass, and firesteel/magnesium fit in a small Q-Tip container I had lying around:

[Image: r1H134Z.jpg?1]

... and here's a picture of everything tucked into the bag...

[Image: H1mlr7t.jpg?1]

If I'm with family, this is what I have.  If I'm on my way to, at, or leaving work, I also have a full multi-person trauma kit, ballistic vest with additional ammunition, cuffs, etc., my GHB, additional supplies, water, HAM radio setup, and often several other firearms of varying utility.
Good setup.  I recognize the ziplock bags from the MRE's  Smile

Tossing some ideas out...
  • Some spare batteries for your lights.
  • Sawyer Mini Water Filter - Small and light and doesn't take up very much space.  The water purification tablets are fine but the Sawyer gives you more options.  First, you don't necessarily have to have a container as the filter (with included straw) would allow you to get water on the go if you don't have a container for some reason.  Second, it will attach to any standard bottle (that you have or may find).  Third, comes with a folding squeeze bottle if you wanted to toss it in the pack as a spare container.   Fourth, comes with a syringe to back flush the filter to extend the life.  Also light enough to toss into a pack and not notice.  Lastly, it's good for tens of thousands of gallons.
  • A cheap $ store rain poncho.
  • Obnoxiously bright bandanna - I've got a thread HERE on all the stuff a bandanna is useful for in a survival situation.  
  • Some fire tinder such like HERE.

the cheap space blankets are certainly better than nothing, but they are loud and extremely fragile. 'Heat Sheets' brand blanket are larger and more durable and only about $6. My ex GF used one once to save her self from a bad hypothermia situation once
Here is my EDC with some of the items in it:

(07-22-2017, 09:42 PM)bmyers Wrote: Here is my EDC with some of the items in it:

Maxpedition Remora or Lunada?  I've got the Lunada and it's a fantastic EDC bag!

https://smile.amazon.com/G4Free-Tactical...e+backpack

The pack is a G4Free Tactical Backpack