Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your EDC
(09-02-2015, 01:35 PM)David Wrote: Just ordered this from a vendor in Georgia:

EDC waist pouch

[Image: $_57.JPG?rt=nc]
If it's of interest to anyone, the belt pouch pictured above will fit a Glock 26 sized firearm very securely.  Not with a +2 but with a normal magazine.  I have one like in the picture and just ordered a black one off Ebay to have a couple of dress options.
Ebay
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I've been carrying the Maxpedition Micro Pocket Organizer for a few months now. It is very handy.
I've got three of the belt packs I've pictured in post #11.  One in coyote tan as pictured, one in jungle camo and one in black.  Been carrying the tan one on my belt lately as a small version of my EDC sling bag (when I don't feel like taking that one).  Big enough to carry:

• Sawyer Mini water filter/straw
  • Gerber Suspension multi-tool
  • Flashlight (normally the Nitecore SRT3)
  • Battery case w/four 14500 spare batteries
  • Spare magazine for the G26
  • Charger for my cell phone including two cords
  • Pen
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Chapstick
  • Peanut lighter or mini bic

Back pocket- Galaxy Note 5

Right pocket- Glock 43

Left pocket- Maxpedition Micro pocket organizer with Streamlight Microstream, Spyderco Yojimbo 2, money clip, advil, pen, gum.
I have a new leather (don't know if it's real or fake leather) sling bag that I bought a while back at the flea market from the same Oriental woman I bought my work bag.  The sling bag was like $16 IIRC.

Slightly bigger than the previous sling bag and more squarish so it fits more things.
  • Gerber Suspension w/bit strip
  • Sawyer Mini Filter w/straw
  • Phone charger (don't remember the mAh but it is 3000+)
  • Android and IOS cords
  • Nitecore SRT3 w/clip and extension tube (to convert from 14500/AA to 16340/CR123)
  • LED USB chip (provides light by plugging into USB port)
  • 4x14500 batteries in case
  •  2x16340 batteries in case
  • Small FAK w/stop bleed packets and various bandage sizes
  • MTM ventilator
  • Israeli bandage
  • 2x space blankets
  • Maxpedition mini pouch w/hand sanitizer, small knife, mini-bic, flash drive, whistle, peanut lighter, spare flints/wick, mini-mag light and fire straws
  • Glass lens wiper
  • Bigger hand sanitizer
  • Pen  

In all honesty:

G30s with ten round mag.
2 extra 13 round mags
Mountain Edge Razor-lite knife with 3 extra blades
Bic lighter
Old credit card wrapped with 30 feet of Gorilla duct tape
ACE bandage
Mini Life Straw
Minimag AAA flashlight with extra batteries
3 vacuum sealed bags of extra .45 ACP - 20 rounds per bag

That's it. I go heavy on ammo. It's not a very Christian attitude, but if the need arises I can get what I need on the spot if push comes to shove. All the bigger stuff is in my GHB. The stuff listed is just what I carry on my person or in my "tool" kit that is always with me.

Couple of years ago I purchased a Maxpedition Lunada off Ebay.   Actually I thought I was buying the Remora which is just slightly smaller as that was how it was listed.  Ended up being a Lunada which worked out very well.  Don't remember what I paid but it was way below retail.  Has turned out to be a very good bag.  I've had it in the van as part of the GHB kit but decided I'm going to make it an EDC to test out and see how I like it in that role.  Main reason is that I can get a more comprehensive FAK in the Lunada than any of the other sling bags I have.  And that's an area that I've been gravitating to lately.  I'm a First Responder as far as my medical training and a CPR instructor.  So I wanted to start carrying more things along those lines.  So far I have a heavy duty FAK pouch (might be something from 911 but don't remember off hand).  But it's heavy cordura and zippered.  I'm able to put some useful items in it:

• Assorted bandages, gauze pads, butterfly bandages etc.
  • Several quik-clot packets.
  • 2oz bottle of tincture of iodine 2%.
  • Triple anti-biotic ointment.
  • Cortisone cream.
  • Mirror.
  • Several alcohol and iodine prep pads.
  • Aspirin.
I have some other stuff as well but it's not in front of me at the moment.  I'll be adding to it as I think of useful items.  Additionally I still have the MTM mask, gloves, Israeli bandage.  I'm thinking along the lines of a more comprehensive trauma-style kit/gun shot wound kit.  May add a second Israeli bandage.

And it has more room for other items as listed in above posts.

We'll see how it works out and what I add/remove/change.

I'm looking into getting either one of those or the Malaga. I want the biggest of the 2 and I think that's the Malaga.
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
(12-12-2016, 03:13 AM)JRSC Wrote: I'm looking into getting either one of those or the Malaga. I want the biggest of the 2 and I think that's the Malaga.

The Malaga is a bit bigger than the Luada.  Here are some alternatives though:

Tactical Outdoor Molle Rucksack

Mens Tactical Gear Molle Hydration Ready Sling Shoulder Backpack

Molle Tactical Utility Shoulder Backpack

Very similar and the price are a LOT more affordable.

(11-22-2016, 01:10 PM)David Wrote:

Couple of years ago I purchased a Maxpedition Lunada off Ebay.   Actually I thought I was buying the Remora which is just slightly smaller as that was how it was listed.  Ended up being a Lunada which worked out very well.  Don't remember what I paid but it was way below retail.  Has turned out to be a very good bag.  I've had it in the van as part of the GHB kit but decided I'm going to make it an EDC to test out and see how I like it in that role.  Main reason is that I can get a more comprehensive FAK in the Lunada than any of the other sling bags I have.  And that's an area that I've been gravitating to lately.  I'm a First Responder as far as my medical training and a CPR instructor.  So I wanted to start carrying more things along those lines.  So far I have a heavy duty FAK pouch (might be something from 911 but don't remember off hand).  But it's heavy cordura and zippered.  I'm able to put some useful items in it:

• Assorted bandages, gauze pads, butterfly bandages etc.
  • Several quik-clot packets.
  • 2oz bottle of tincture of iodine 2%.
  • Triple anti-biotic ointment.
  • Cortisone cream.
  • Mirror.
  • Several alcohol and iodine prep pads.
  • Aspirin.
I have some other stuff as well but it's not in front of me at the moment.  I'll be adding to it as I think of useful items.  Additionally I still have the MTM mask, gloves, Israeli bandage.  I'm thinking along the lines of a more comprehensive trauma-style kit/gun shot wound kit.  May add a second Israeli bandage.

And it has more room for other items as listed in above posts.

We'll see how it works out and what I add/remove/change.

I've changed out the heavy duty FAK (which is black in color) for a red one from CVS.  Although the other one is more heavy duty I wanted a FAK in red so that it's more easily identified, particularly if it's someone else getting the bag.  The Lunada is working out quite nicely.  It isn't small but it isn't cumbersome on the bag either.  More and more I see some type of sling bag and even small backpacks becoming the norm.  If needed, I can attach molle pouches to the Lunada as well.  Right now I've still got room in this one for some gear.  I'm going to add a magazine to the bag as well.  I normally carry one on my person but a second one in the bag I feel is prudent.