Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your EDC
I have three EDC bags. The reason I have three is that it depends upon what I'm doing and what I'm wearing. One is more of an around town EDC. One is more geared towards biking/hiking/camping and the other can hold my off-duty firearm if I'm not wearing something that conceals the firearm.

I will give an example of my primary EDC, which is most often carried and is the 'around-the-town' EDC.

To be clear, this is the very best example of what an EDC should be...for me. It may not be the best for you.

It is very light and worn sling-bag style across my back. The contents are as follows:

Outer zipper pocket

• Spyderco Endura Clip folding knife with full serrations (I've carried this almost daily for nearly 20 years. Never needed to be sharpened and I've used it extensively on basic chores. Very excellent knife).
  • 1oz bottle of Tincture of Iodine 2% (dual use as disinfecting a wound as well as water).
  • Two different hand sanitizers. One is a Coleman .5oz spray and the other a 1oz squeeze bottle (good for the obvious reasons as well as another source of fire-starting).
  • Gerber Suspension multi-tool.

Interior flap

• Wallet w/badge as well as a few useful items (ferro rod, mag lens etc)
  • AA one-mode 300 lumen Sipik flashlight. This holds a 14500 battery.

Inside pocket of the inside zipper

• Spare magazine
  • Red cotton bandana
  • Dollar store rain poncho
  • Two ziplock freezer bags
  • My DIY fire-starter wafers (4) (instruction in the DIY section of this board)
  • Maglite XL50 three-mode AAA flashlight with H/L/Strobe
  • Convoy S2+ 7135*3 Cree LED flashlight

Inside zipper, inside a Maxpedition Mini pocket organizer

• Chapstick
  • Two DIY fire straws (instructions in the DIY section)
  • Assorted bandaids of various sizes
  • Ziplock bag containing one set of replacement batteries for each flashlight in EDC
  • One disposable toothbrush and dental pick
  • Min Bic lighter
  • Pathfinder ferro rod and scraper
  • 30 gallon life straw
  • Whistle
  • Button compass
  • Ziplock bag containing additional tinder 
  • Emergency space blanket

Rear zipper pocket

• Antibacterial moist wipes
  • Moist lens wipes
  • Soft cloth for cleaning glasses

This is in addition to items on my person on a daily basis such as:

• Swiss Army Tinker pocket knife
  • Fenix E-5 AAA flashlight
  • Acebeam L10 AA flashlight
  • Peanut lighter

This EDC provides multiple ways of lighting as well as multiple levels of lighting. Multiple ways to start a fire. Multiple ways to collect, disinfect or drink water. Small, basic first aid kit. Multiple antiseptics for disinfection. Ways to attract attention. Multiple cutting tools and general tools. In addition to some day-to-day items. This EDC works for me and perhaps can be a guideline for your own. Tweak your own to your personal needs.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Just ordered this from a vendor in Georgia:

EDC waist pouch

[Image: $_57.JPG?rt=nc]

This would be the second of this type of EDC pouch.  The first was this one:

First EDC pouch

[Image: $_57.JPG]

I like this one quite a bit (have it in earth tan).  Only thing I don't like is that the loop on the back is a single loop for the belt to go through.  Once you have stuff in it the pouch tends to pull away from the belt at the top rather than a snug fit against your waist.  Other than that it's a great pack for under $5 and holds all my EDC stuff well.  

This second one I just ordered (first pic/link above) has molle webbing on the back and two straps so I'm hoping it will be a bit more snug against the waist.

For when I don't feel like a waist pack I use this sling bag (mine is in a dark blue):

Sling bag

[Image: $_12.JPG?rt=nc]

This carries all the stuff in my OP above.

I've been using the waist pouch (first one from the Georgia vendor) in the above post.  I really like this one quite a bit.  It hugs my side very well.  And it holds a good amount of EDC items.  I am routinely carrying the following in it:
  • Gerber Suspension multi-tool.
  • Aquamire Frontier life straw.
  • Convoy S2+ LED flashlight.
  • 4000mAh battery charger for my cell phone with both Android and Apple cords.
  • Emergency space blanket.
  • Disposable lighter.
  • DIY fire-starters.
  • Spare 18650 battery.
  • 2xspare AA batteries.
  • Small FAK.
  • Hand sanitizer.
  • Spyderco Endura w/full serrations.
  • Pen.
  • Spare G19 magazine.
  • Eye glass wipes (moist and dry cloth).
This is really a nice hands free option for EDC.  So far the molle webbing is holding up well and like I mentioned above really hugs the hip rather than pulling out away from the body.  I can wear this even driving with a seat belt on.  So far I'm giving this a big thumbs up.

What are you using for EDC?

I'm a fan of cargo pants.

I purchased a leather EDC bag at the flea market a few weeks back for like $16.  All kinds of zippered pockets.  Bought it from the same Asian lady I've purchased other bags from in the past and all have held up fantastically.  This one is black leather and has more space than the one I've pictured above.  Carrying mostly the same stuff with an enhanced FAK and some other odds and ends.

Gotta love the flea market for good prep stuff!

I've started carrying a Maxpedition Micro Pocket Organizer everyday. It holds my money clip in the external pocket so I can get to it easily. Inside I'm carrying my Spyderco Paramilitary 2, Streamlight Microstream, pack of gum, and a pen. I'm thinking of adding a Bic lighter. My daily travels don't take me anywhere that survival gear us necessary, so no fishing kit or snares. I do like the udea of a small phone charger.
(09-03-2016, 07:18 PM)Ronin.45 Wrote: I've started carrying a Maxpedition Micro Pocket Organizer everyday. It holds my money clip in the external pocket so I can get to it easily. Inside I'm carrying my Spyderco Paramilitary 2, Streamlight Microstream, pack of gum, and a pen. I'm thinking of adding a Bic lighter. My daily travels don't take me anywhere that survival gear us necessary, so no fishing kit or snares. I do like the udea of a small phone charger.

Yeah, one of the small phone chargers and a cable will fit nicely and is a good idea.  Toss in a few bandaids and the lighter as well.  The little tab on the top of the left side fits the blue whistle that's a buck at Harbor Freight.  As far as the lighter, the Bic mini lighter is the one I tossed in mine.

Ordered additional Israeli Bandages to add to the EDC packs.  Already have them in the FAK and vehicles.