Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supporting the SEP board
Probably in the next week or so we're going to install a couple of ad banners on the board.  Mark (aka Racer our webmaster) and I discussed it last night and I gave him the go.  This will be like other forums you've probably seen where it will have some sort of appropriate advertisement.  If you click on the ad then it generates revenue.  I've never done it but from what I understand it is a minute amount.  But the hope is at some point that the board will pay for itself on a monthly basis.  It's not like it's costing me a fortune or anything like that and I certainly don't mind doing it for the community, but hey if it covered it's own expenses I'm not going to complain.  

No one is obligated to click and/or purchase anything.  Just letting you know why the ads will be there at some point.  If you enjoy the SEP community and have found some value in it and want to support it then it will be a way for you to do so.  Any questions, comment or concerns let me know  Smile
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Okay, Racer's put an ad banner at the top.  Hopefully it isn't too in your face or anything.  As I mentioned, no one has to click or buy anything so no obligation.  As it was explained to me, clicking generates a minute amount of revenue which goes into the board.  So we'll see how it goes.

Smile

I've obtained an Amazon affiliate membership.  Many of the Amazon links that I post (when reviewing a product or showing a deal or whatever) will be though my affiliate account.  What this means is that if you click on the link and place the item in your shopping cart and/or purchase the item it generates revenue to me (this board).  It doesn't cost you anything extra.  As with the ad's above, no obligation.  But clicking them and/or purchasing through them helps the board.  

As always, thank you.   Smile

SEP's gone corporate.... Smh..

Lol jk!
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
Just a quick thank you to all the click on the ads and such.  Last month it almost covered the cost of operation and it's appreciated. Not that it costs a bunch out of my pocket but every bit that doesn't go towards the board can go towards preps and ammo!

Big Grin

Continues to help with running the show.  Thank you  Smile

I try to click on the ad when I think about it. A small price to help keep the board running.
It's appreciated!  Smile

(11-03-2016, 11:56 AM)David Wrote: Just a quick thank you to all the click on the ads and such.  Last month it almost covered the cost of operation and it's appreciated. Not that it costs a bunch out of my pocket but every bit that doesn't go towards the board can go towards preps and ammo!

Big Grin

Some of these audible books are disgusting.
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
I renewed the SEP board for another year this morning.  My thanks to everyone that makes this a great community!  Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Board etiquite. kirgi08 2 1,365 07-20-2017, 11:40 AM
Last Post: David
Thumbs Up Board is back up! David 5 1,539 07-19-2017, 04:35 PM
Last Post: JRSC
Sad Board outage yesterday David 3 1,444 06-03-2017, 02:47 AM
Last Post: Kieller
Thumbs Up Features of the new board David 7 3,267 11-06-2016, 02:52 PM
Last Post: kirgi08