Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The panic has begun.
I'm starting to see empty shelves already. A few days of gun ban talk and people are buying up reloading supplies and ARs. Ammo prices are going up online too. Not much yet, but noticeable. 

The unprepared screw everyone over when they rush out to buy the things they should have already had.
I bought 5 20 round packs of 62gr green tip from the Wmart Thursday after work, their wasn't much else left.
All the retired guys will buy up the 223/556 and sell them for 3 times what they paid on line somewhere... I have enough saved up for the zombie apocalypse plus I reload this round (remember that mountain of crap I spoke of in that other thread).
Time to hunker down and wait for prices to stabilize. That is why you buy it cheap, and stack it deep. To weather times like these.
Buying supplies is like buying stocks/bonds.... Buy at a regular schedule and get the best average price.

If you wait for the stampede, it's top dollar
I have enough loading supplies I can continue my weekly trip to the range for the next 6 to 8 years. Any decent gun should last more than my lifetime.
If it really starts to look like Hillary is getting in you'll see a whole sale panic and empty shelves.  Same as in 2008 and 2012.  If Trump gets it then things will go back to normal.  

But yeah, the folks that go out and buy everything in sight only to turn around and ask outrageous prices for it later I can do without.  

And like I said in the gun thread, firearms prices are starting to nod upwards.   When I see a 60% condition Taurus .38 being advertised at $350 things are going in the wrong direction.  Still good deals out there, but you really have to look for them.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Wife got me 10 AR lowers from psa for f-day.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
I still have ammo and stuff stashed away from Y2K, LOL and stocked up again before Obama was elected twice. Didn't need to buy or sell anything after the last panic and I am still set. However, if I was a betting man, I would bet that the closer we get to the November election, the more likely the demand and prices for ARs, AKs, ammo and magazines will increase. If I didn't already have enough, I would be buying up that stuff, particularly AR mags and AR lowers.
I went to two major stores today and last week and they look like they did 3 weeks ago.
(06-20-2016, 09:49 PM)kirgi08 Wrote: Wife got me 10 AR lowers from psa for f-day.'08.

Awesome wife...