Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Member satisfaction rating
Question 
As of today, the SEP Board is 11 months old (as far as this new board).  So with us rapidly coming up on our new one year anniversary I thought that this would be a good time to get feedback from you folks.  As I've often said, this isn't my board, it's your board.  

• So how's it working for you?  
  • What do you like?  
  • What would you like to see changed?  
  • Are there any questions or comments you'd like to pass on to the Mod team?  

Sound off  Smile
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I think it's working quite well from a technical viewpoint.

The only thing I would change is to have our members be a little more active. Still quite a few 0's by people's names.
I am not here a lot, but the overall tenor of this forum is very close to my skill sets, I especially like the flashlight and portable power sections!
As an electrician for my career, I like the practical applications in these areas, and as a firearms enthusiast, I also like those areas. Gear? YES!

Hoping to be around more, thanks David!

PS: IMO you are a good ambassador, visiting us over at HPFF (Hi Point) forums occasionally Big Grin
I'm with Ron. I'd like to see some more activity here. If you're doing a self reliance project, take pics and explain what you're doing. Give all the knowledge you've gained by doing it. Explain the ups and downs. Take the board with you. That's how we learn with you or could offer some advice or ideas that could help you.

My favorites of the board is the DIY, Gardening and Homesteading, Hunting/fishing/camping section and the specifics. My biggest area of interest is in the woodscrafting and living off the land. My posts and threads deal mostly with self reliance and survival when you may only have a little gear. So anything that pertains to these issues is a big help to me.

We can't make folks post here. But with the members we have we could generate enough activity and interest to get the new folks involved.
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
Dave,I just stuck the thread.If you don't want it to be,remove it.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
So how's it working for you?
Web site working well, no major problems... tho i do have one glitch with firefox... it fails to load the Next page after a 'search' like VIEW New Posts.
I manually have to click on the don't want to wait line. I know its Fire fox settings, but haven't found the right on to fix it ( other browsers are fine and auto load _

What do you like?
Firearms & reloading, alt electric sources, radios

What would you like to see changed?
Not much, most already mentioned by others .. more people
I appreciate the feedback so far.

I agree that more folks posting would be welcome.  I'm open to suggestions as to what we can do to increase our (participating) member numbers as well as more activity for those that have already joined.  We do have several zero post members.  Not sure what can be done to get them posting?  Everyone should be receiving the board emails.  And we have plenty to offer imo.  

Any suggestions would be welcome.  And for the members of our community that participate often, I appreciate it and you guys are the backbone.  

Smile
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I like the board would agree more posting from more people would be good.

What I like are weapons gear hunting fishing diy a little bit of all of it
One great thing about this board is that it's a very simple, easy to use tool with lots of information. I've visited a ton of boards. Way too much going on..... Here things are pretty cut and dry, easy to navigate and use. I'm sure Kirgi agrees with me and even you David that if anyone has a question they'll receive an honest reply. And relatively, no question is a stupid question. I feel the folks here have been doing the self reliance thing for quite a long time. So we have a lot of experience and knowledge on the board. I appreciate this.
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
Hey all. I noticed it had been quiet around here so tried to post some stories and threads about my recent camping experience and some other projects to generate traffic. I'm sure that no one minded, so I'd just continue to encourage anyone that has a project or an experience to throw it out there. Everyone seems to be super cool and we're no where near as attacky/holier than thou as glock talk SP has turned into over the last 10 years.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Rate a thread or member David 5 1,601 01-25-2018, 03:49 PM
Last Post: David
  new member intro Lt.Donn 3 1,012 12-02-2016, 01:13 AM
Last Post: ric0123
  New member as of Dec 20 2015 oldmiser 3 1,333 12-21-2015, 01:52 AM
Last Post: JRSC
  New member Alan 3 987 12-21-2015, 01:50 AM
Last Post: JRSC