Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G.O.O.D.
Star 
Knowing when may save yer family and gear.Take Greece for ex,they are limiting fund withdrawals and are on the verge of collapse.The EU "bailout" is a temp fix,they as a nation have lost all fiscal control and are teetering on the brink.This a real world ex of what will happen here without a 180 degree course correction.When banks here start to limit access to yer money is a prime ex of the 1st step of collapse.'08.

I'm gonna pin this thread for a few days,just for practice.Thank you for yer time and be generous when the plate is passed. Cool
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Quantity has a quality all of its own.
(07-13-2015, 03:58 PM)kirgi08 Wrote: Knowing when may save yer family and gear.Take Greece for ex,they are limiting fund withdrawals and are on the verge of collapse.The EU "bailout" is a temp fix,they as a nation have lost all fiscal control and are teetering on the brink.This a real world ex of what will happen here without a 180 degree course correction.When banks here start to limit access to yer money is a prime ex of the 1st step of collapse.'08.

I'm gonna pin this thread for a few days,just for practice.Thank you for yer time and be generous when the plate is passed. Cool

Yeah we've been watching this pretty close.  They say it wouldn't affect our economy but I'm not totally convinced of that.  It seems like it would affect those in the E.U. to some extent, which in turn would effect the other larger economies.  Maybe not a huge impact, but let's be honest, our economy doesn't exactly need a whole lot of shoving to go over the fiscal cliff.  Anyone that's not a 'zombie' knows that there are those in power that want to fundamentally change this country.  That isn't a Dem or Rep or left or right slam...they're all up to their necks in it as far as I can see.  Nothing but rhetoric and misdirection and double talk. 

I just don't see rosy times coming and in fact see the exact opposite.  It's almost like...what's going to happen first?  Economic collapse?  EMP?  Large terrorist attack?  Grid down hack?  Or a combination of any of those that lead from one to the next? 

I talk with folks and some of them are like, 'oh that stuff can't happen'.  And then I ask, "have we ever had some level of economic collapse...or several of them"?  Yes we have.  Not a total collapse, but pretty good smacks to the head that hurt people.  Have we ever had an EMP?  Then I explain the Carrington Event.  Have we had a terrorist attack?  They must have been sleeping through 911 or Oklahoma or the power sub-station in California.  Grid down cyber attack?  Which one are we talking about, we've had a bunch.  So it's like IF something has happened then it could happen again.  If it has happened small scale it could also happen large scale.

Paranoia is thinking the Martians are going to attack or undead zombies are going to try to eat your brains.  Realistic concern is looking at what HAS happened and preparing for what COULD happen or happen again.  and we haven't even touched on what would happen if the economy really took a big hit or something happens that leads to the economy taking a hit i.e panic/riots/looting etc. 

Okay, rant over (for now) Big Grin
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
If we don't learn from history we are doomed to repeat it.My moms brother/sisters were all born in the late 20s early 30s,folks need to read about those times.'08.

Our banks have ALREADY implemented Capital restrictions on things like sending money to other countries and not permitting purchase/holding of gold/silver in other nations….

It has ALREADY began.
That's why we don't use banks.'08.

Here we have had limits on cash machine withdrawals since the original crisis, which is why we call the greeks whining "&*$, the daily ATM bank limits are

Cash machine withdrawal limits

Personal current accounts (including Cash Card accounts) – up to £300 per day
   Premier and Platinum customers – up to £750 per day
   Business Banking customers – up to £750 per day
   Cash Card (Youth) customers – up to £50 per day

And there is a limit of £500 cash per day across the counter. If you draw the £500 over the counter you can not then go and draw another £300 from the ATM, i know i tried just to see what happened, on screen message that i had "exceeded the daily limit and to try again tomorrow or speak to your personnel banker".

Want to draw more you have to explain why you want "your money" to a person at the bank and they may choose to let you have it. Oh and any transaction over £2500 is flagged and reported to assorted government deptments incase you are a criminal.

In the USA any transaction over $5000 is flagged cash or electronic for the attention of fed, not $10,000 that the TV and movies say at least according to my personnel banker.

Our solution involved buying silver dollars online till they went up to much and pouring the rest into long term food prep buying. We now keep the bare minimum in the bank now and invested in a secondhand safe.

Beans, Bacon and Bullets ladies and gentlemen.
Bullets, boots, bandages, beans. I take it you live across the pond.'08.

When you really sit and think about it you realize what a scam banks actually are these day (perhaps always have been).  Sure, it's nice to be able to write a check or pay your bills online.  But they take your money and make money with it in ways you really can't.  They give you a pittance for interest yet charge you a much larger amount if you borrow from them and limit how much of your money you can take out at a time. 

A good safe is a nice alternative.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Dave we don't use banks much,we keep enough in for bank cards.Kat has an account related to her work,she uses it to cash her checks.Our homes are paid for and we carry 0 balance on anything.The barter economy will rule,maybe in our lifetimes but I'd wager our kids will be the ones in it.'08.

Deep financial insight: All money is produced by creating debt in our system. Think about that one….

And banks are tyne people allowed to create the greatest debt without the ability to back it.