Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It begins today….back to fit
4.5 mile walk/jog

Going to lift free weights, and bike today.  Not over doing it on any one of those,  but moving for an hour and well beyond casually.

Starting back to Kung Fu in July!
Good for you Bob.  I need to start a program and stick to it!
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I started P90X on June 27th.  I haven't done it every single day but I've been fairly consistent with it.  On some of the days I didn't do a workout I did something else like go to the beach and swim. Same with today as we're going canoeing.  So even on an off day I've been physical.  Folks are already seeing I'm back into working out.  

Tomorrow is CHEST AND BACK, one of my favorites besides shoulders and arms  Smile

This was a goal I was looking forward to getting back into and being consistent.

Cut down two trees, Now I have a cord to split with the 8lb maul... that's enough physical activity for me this week. Smile
How is it going for you guys?  I'm back to a 5-day split with weights.  May sound silly, but my goal is to compete in a natural bodybuilding contest.  I'd be in the 50+ age bracket.  If I do compete I'm not sure if I'd post pics though...anyone want to see me with a fake tan in a speedo?

Big Grin

How about you other folks?  Physical fitness is an extremely important part of prepping.  It's a long term sort of thing, but vital to a successful plan.  Being physically fit can help prevent or mitigate a wound, illness or injury.

So...what do you do in this area of your prep plan?

Good luck David...

Down ten more lbs to 240 from 270+... I still am not taking off my t-shirt ! Smile ( btw, it lowered some of my meds dosage )
Slow but sure weigh loss... goal is 225.
Thank you, and great job you're doing!  What's your workout?

There is a natural competition on October 22.  I don't know if this would be a good first competition for someone that's never done it before but I've emailed the person in charge with questions.  And I'm not sure if I'd be in competition shape by then or not, but it's a goal to work towards.

(07-26-2016, 08:52 PM)David Wrote: Thank you, and great job you're doing!  What's your workout?

My workout consists of
1) less eating / drinking less ( running basically weight watchers ( wife knows it well ) so i really didn't change WHAT I eat so much as portion control which is better long term
2) I walk about 2 miles per ( no running here ) and still doing the normal yard work and hand splitting wood for the outside fireplace ( so not really much of workout plan)
3) chasing grand kids around too and that's enough !
Been almost a year Bob.  How goes the workouts?

Just started again here... but sitting at 241 this morning so I was able to maintain my weight loss from last year ... that by itself is great.
Still want to drop another 15 lbs. ( prob have to cut down on Jim Beam again )