Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doomsday Preppers.
They have been showing reruns from 2013,wow some of those folks are really out there.We don't have tv at home so I see them at work.'08. Exclamation
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Quantity has a quality all of its own.
There are some crazy people on there. I guess if you have a mental condition to start with, it wouldn't take much to push you into "extreme prepping". I couldn't live with that much paranoia.
I've only watched one episode.  Wife and I were flipping channels and it was just coming on so we decided to watch.  It had a guy that had hundreds of acres in central Florida IIRC.  He had it set up so that dozens of families could come and live in a community if SHTF.  Okay, I guess that sounds alright. 

He had a survival expert and a security expert on staff. 

The survival guy showed a lot of skills like fire, trapping, hunting etc.  The security guy had psycho stamped on his forehead.  Not really but he may as well of had it tattooed.  The survival guy comes walking up as they were building something in the courtyard.  He asked the security guy what it was.  Security guy says it's a 'gallow' for hanging people if they get out of line.  Survival guy walked away and quite.  Don't blame him.

That was the last time I watched.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
That was the one I meant,the camo guy was nuts.'08.

Some of these guys have gone from realistic preparation to full blown paranoia. Some of them have such specific fears that they base all of their preps on while ignoring other much more probable threats. I think prepping should be a well rounded thing.
Do any of you really get any valuable information from this show?
I just watch it for fun. Every once in a while I may see a useful technique or item I wasn't aware of.
(07-13-2015, 10:37 PM)JRSC Wrote: Do any of you really get any valuable information from this show?

Actually there is a lot of good info from that show,a lady wax coated eggs to increase there "shelf" life,a man in fla used a concave/convex panel from an old tv to cook with and MELT metal to pour in a form and made a nice bowie type knife.There is good info,you just havta seperate the wheat from the chaff.Another thing,I learned how ta start/sprout/grow shitake mushrooms,they drill holes in a log and then thump the log to start the spores growing,traded a prepped log for some chickens I think.'08. Cool

The solar lens that the couple in Florida made was pretty cool.
I do tend to watch these shows mostly for a good laugh, but sometimes they do have some good ideas or have made me think more in some areas. These shows are sort of like the 1000 monkeys at type writers sooner or later they come up with something worth while.