Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduction thread - intro yourself
Howdy. Some of you probably already know me by my forum name used on some other public and private boards, fastbolt.

For those who don't, I'm retired LE. I served 27 years before retirement, and then post-retirement I stayed on as a reserve for another 8 years. As a reserve I served as a contract consultant for a year, but when that gig got boring I was asked to continue helping the training staff as a firearms instructor and armorer. That let me continue to serve as a resource to the younger instructor staff & armorers, help teach classes, keep my armorer certs current, etc. (Bottom line, it gave me free access to a LE-Only range, an ammunition inventory and let me keep my hand in things as the senior armorer. Wink )

I eventually tired of serving as a reserve and resigned the position a little over a year ago.

My interests are my granddaughters, researching the fine subtleties of IPA beers from up and down the length of the West Coast states, comparing the nuances of imported single malts compared to American whiskies and bourbons, enjoying a cigar with the guys at my cigar club and enjoying the variety of Coastal roads on one of my motorcycles.

I've been involved in various martial arts since '71, and have enjoyed an interest in knives and various martial weapons.

Now that I carry a newly minted Medicare card I've realized that as a younger man I never stopped to read the fine print of what's involved with aging, but have seen the wisdom of the unknown person who first opined that aging isn't for sissies. Wink
Good to see ya over here buddy Smile
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Welcome to the forum.

You said you have been practicing martial arts since 1971, I was just learning to crawl at that point.
(06-08-2018, 06:51 PM)bmyers Wrote: Welcome to the forum.

You said you have been practicing martial arts since 1971, I was just learning to crawl at that point.

Thanks.

During my early years in the arts I spent my fair share of time essentially crawling, too. (Especially when I frequently ended up on the carpeted or hardwood floors, or the mats.)

I begin to suspect that at some eventual point in my aging process, I may again be reduced to crawling. Wink

Before that comes to pass, I hope to be able to utilize my collection of canes and staffs in a more utilitarian role, as may be needed.
Welcome to the forum!
Welcome to the Board Buddy...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Rate a thread or member David 5 2,233 01-25-2018, 03:49 PM
Last Post: David
Star Thread resurrection David 3 1,021 09-07-2017, 12:13 AM
Last Post: Tsquare
  new member intro Lt.Donn 3 1,340 12-02-2016, 01:13 AM
Last Post: ric0123