Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduction thread - intro yourself
(04-10-2017, 02:23 AM)Chico Bill Wrote: I registered a six months ago but got busy and forgot... I spent about 20 minutes today trying to log in and finally realized I used the name "Chico Bill" here... which is the name I use over on GlockTalk.  I joined there back in 1999 when I bought my first Glock and right before the whole Y2K thing.  I remember the "Y2K" forum before it became survival and prep, and I've been into disaster prep since the Northridge Earthquake in 1994.  

Yep, joined GT back in 1999 as well (Feb).  It was a LOT smaller back then.  IIRC the Y2K section was very rarely used back then.  Nice to see it grow into the survival/prep section.  I suppose this board is an outgrowth of that in a way.  With GT only having the one section it was hard to keep track of some posts if you wanted to come back later and reference them.  So SEP was developed with more individualized sections to make it easier.  Glad to have ya.

Living near a fault line would be a prime reason to prep.  Scary that so many that live near one, or in Tornado Alley or in the southeast (hurricanes) don't give prepping a second thought or even thing it's 'odd'.  I mean really...who keeps a little food and water ready for a rainy day, that's just weird.  Wink

Hopefully you'll see some stuff of interest in the gear section for your GHB.  They continually evolve so feel free to ask questions or post what you've done.  Smile
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Greeting all,

I'm port over from GT and a couple other sites that have either gotten quiet or out of control...

Been out of the online loop for awhile but not out of the prep mentality. Been busy with our garden, planting fruit trees, keeping bees and a host of other items related to the house and preps.

I'm looking to do some more specific preps and additional food/water/basics preps. I'm a proponent of planning for many situations and not just TEOTWAWKI. Financial and short term garner a lot of my attention but I also look to do what I can within reason for longer term scenarios. I consider short term anything less than 1 year as a general rule.

My general situation is that I'm married with one youngster, a dog, home, and a couple acres. I'm an engineer and I work for the local water utility so I generally have a good grasp on water related items. I've been in the mindset for about 10 years now but I blame the Boy Scouts and 'being prepared' since I was a kid.

I hope to learn and contribute, thanks!
Welcome to the board.  How long have you been keeping bees?  I'm raising rabbits and quail and have the idea of bees somewhere on the list.

Welcome from a fellow noob to the forum. My wife is very interested in beekeeping, so I'd be very interested to hear about your experiences. I'm also looking forward to your perspective regarding water issues.
I'm allergic.'08. Sad
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Hi. Smile
I'm TiredAsAMother, as you can well see.
I received an invite from GT, but forget from whom, and have no means to check as I requested my profile there be deleted. Feel free to contact me privately to share my email with those who still wish to speak to me over there, I have no issue with that.
Anyway, lazy prepper here with an interest in self defense (crazy ex), SHTF scenarios (I am probably way overthinking everything there) with very little time, as I seem to only have time to work and raise children.
I am a political loudmouth, I either arouse or anger most men (hey, don't ask me) when I speak and am a generally happy person.

ANy questions, send them my way. I am not afraid to talk, that is for sure.
::waves::
Welcome  Smile

Hi everyone! I was invited here by DeputyDave from Glocktalk. My wife and I have been prepping 
For several years. How we got started may sound a bit strange. We're both Christians. My wife and
I were getting a bit concerned as to where the world was heading. One day she started praying for
Guidance as to what was coming and how to prepare. Just as she finished, the power went out for 
About a minute. No storms or high winds. Just recently, I did the"Grid down-first 24 hours" on Glock talk. Finished writing it, left Home,  came back, had to re-set clocks. Power had gone out. Non
Weather related outages only occur 2 or 3 times a year here. Coincidence? I'm a semi-retired 
Clinical Laboratory Technologist and an old Air Force veteran. Looking forward to exchanging ideas!
Welcome sir! Enjoy yourself!
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
Welcome to the board  Smile

U.S.A.F. veteran as well.  Incirlik Ab and McGuire AFB.

Look throughout the 'General' section in particular, several threads on grid-down type of threads.  Lots of good info there and all over the board.  Enjoy!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Rate a thread or member David 5 1,922 01-25-2018, 03:49 PM
Last Post: David
Star Thread resurrection David 3 820 09-07-2017, 12:13 AM
Last Post: Tsquare
  new member intro Lt.Donn 3 1,132 12-02-2016, 01:13 AM
Last Post: ric0123