Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduction thread - intro yourself
Welcome to the forum!
(09-01-2015, 08:23 PM)SmokeRoss Wrote: I've always been able to take care of myself. Survived several eruptions, a hurricane, earthquakes, and forest fires. Power outages are common where I've lived. Might learn something new here though. Happy to join. Smoke.

welcome
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Thank you David for the invitation from GT. I'm a country boy but have not done a ton of roughing it. I am sure this forum will help me become more autonomous.
(09-01-2015, 10:50 PM)Anomander Rake Wrote: Thank you David for the invitation from GT. I'm a country boy but have not done a ton of roughing it. I am sure this forum will help me become more autonomous.

welcome

Hi everyone, happy to find this site. Got referred over to here by a GT poster. Let's see, where to start. 

Served in the Marines and Marine reserve from 1967-72. Worked for NY Telephone until I took a buyout in 94. Started prepping in the mid 80's ( a friend of mine had a vacation home in the Poconos ). We had it set up for food, 12v power, and some misc supplies. Then I had an epiphany......HOW will I get there from Long Island? After that, I sort of fell off the wagon.

In 2004 I moved to Phoenix and got back aboard. Yeah, I know, no water and three seasons......Hot, Hotter, and Are You Freaking Kidding me!!!!! Still, I'm locked in here for better or worse. 

Enough of that.......what do I like to do?? I was a firearms dealer in NY for about 10 years. Thankfully I got out when I did. I do my own reloading, and I competed in IPSC for 9 years. Currently I'm pretty well set up for food/water/ and most importantly, meds. No intention at my age to bug out, I'm here for the duration. We do a ton of canning and practice using and rotating our food. We also cook via sun ovens and dutch ovens. I'm currently setting up a small solar system for limited uses. 

I guess that's enough for now. Talk to everyone soon.

Dave
Glad to see you Dave.  Beautiful country out there, I was born in Tuscon.  And yep, it's hot!  Good for the sun oven though, which reminds me that this is on my list of things to make.

Enjoy the board Smile

Welcome Dave!
Welcome and Semper fi devil dog.
Hello Dave, and welcome from Florida...
I have been in Korean Martial arts since I was 10 years old. I curaintly hold the following ranks.
2nd degree Black belt in Hapkido
4th Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do
8th Degree Black Belt in Kong Soo Do
I also have hundreds of hours in seminar training like Krav Maga, Jui Jitsu, Spear, Israeli Instinctive shooting Just to name a few.
I was a boyscout leader for my sons troop for many years. I concider myself an outdoors man love camping, fishing, just being in nature makes me happy.
I worked as a Detention Deputy with the local sheriffs dept. for almost 10 years before becoming disabled. I worked in a maximum security jail for the Sheriffs office, dealing with violent felons.
I have been married almost 20 years and have a 16 year old son.

Well I am a simple man so that's about it for me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Rate a thread or member David 5 1,767 01-25-2018, 03:49 PM
Last Post: David
Star Thread resurrection David 3 754 09-07-2017, 12:13 AM
Last Post: Tsquare
  new member intro Lt.Donn 3 1,089 12-02-2016, 01:13 AM
Last Post: ric0123