Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduction thread - intro yourself
Welcome  Smile
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
28748.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Hello,
New to this forum but not to prepping. I was invited by Dave from the GLock forum. I retired from federal law enforcement after a 35 yr career. Looking forward to learning and passing on whatever I can that may help.

-Patriot
Welcome from the land of Lincoln
Welcome to the SEP community   Smile

welcome...new people , new ideas
Greetings from the sunny central coast of California.  I'm not really a "Prepper" per se, but I spent the last 6 years of my career as a disaster planner for my community.  Started as a Reserve Firefighter in 1973, promoted to full-time Engineer in 1976, progressed up through the ranks and retired (the first time) in 2007 as Division Chief/Fire Marshal/Disaster Manager.  During that time I also served as a CA POST certified Level I Reserve Police Officer for 16 years.

After I retired, I spent about a year as a Safety Manager for a construction company.  Got a call from a former co-worker who was a City Council member at a neighboring City and he wanted me to be the city's Interim Fire Chief.  That later became a permanent position.  The community was very small (population 5,000) and I ended up being Fire Chief, Code Enforcement Manager, Building/Planning Manager and was twice appointed Acting City Manager.  After 4 years, our retirement system decided that I was violating their rules so I had to "Retire" again (both cities had the same retirement system CalPERS).

I enjoy off-road driving in my '46 CJ2A, hunting, hanging with my 7 grandkids and traveling a little.

I look forward to learning more about survival and preparedness here and thank you for having me here.
My comments are my personal opinion, based on my life experiences, education, and training. They are not to be construed as legal advice as I am not an attorney and if you act on any of the information I provide in my comments, you do so at your own risk!!
Welcome to the community and glad to meet you  Smile

Welcome onboard
Welcome Jack, I'd love to see a picture of that Jeep some time...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Rate a thread or member David 5 1,602 01-25-2018, 03:49 PM
Last Post: David
Star Thread resurrection David 3 653 09-07-2017, 12:13 AM
Last Post: Tsquare
  new member intro Lt.Donn 3 1,013 12-02-2016, 01:13 AM
Last Post: ric0123