Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold Weather Camping
Not sure where some of you fellows are  Like~Southern States.~North & South Carolina's Georgia Northern Florida
But some thought to carry less for winter camping or a survial situation...about 3 tiems come to mind for sleeping
1. Space Blanket 2.Wool Blanket  3. Insulated Coveralls.

Idea is to use the space Blanket as a lean too reflector  ..wrap the wool blanket around you in the insulated coveralls(Duck Cloth)
of course a fire out in front....This will  elimanate the use of a sleeping bag...you will be toasty warm..

Being safe from sparks by the fire..(if any) with the wool & duck cloth..I have done this while I lived in Wisconsin  in the 20's temp

~AKAOldmiser
Good stuff. I've used all of this except the coveralls. And keep these things in my truck. I posted in the hammock thread about the last time my cuz and I went camping, through the day the weather wasn't bad at all. About 10pm the temperature dropped. Got down into the low 30s and we got frosty. The wind chill was pretty bad. Fed the fire a bit and I wrapped myself in my wool blanket and zipped up in my sleeping bag. The heat reflecting off the space blanket onto that wool and trapped inside the sleeping bag. It made a significant difference. This was just a camping trip. Sleep is much more important in a real situation. And a good sleep makes or breaks morale and health.
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
If you look in the hammock thread I have a link to that roll of reflectix insulation.  Very light and inexpensive and folds up tight.  Like a common man's heavy duty space blanket. But not as durable.  Works though and you can get it in various widths.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I used a regularspace blanket. Worked pretty well, if a bit crinkly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prepping for weather JRSC 6 2,242 07-10-2018, 03:14 PM
Last Post: JRSC
  Nasty weather shooting ghost 0 639 05-25-2017, 02:18 AM
Last Post: ghost
  camping/hiking/cooking/prepping/hunting trip experience ric0123 7 1,855 04-25-2016, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Tom Mac
Video Think You're a Prepper? Go Primitive Camping! David 6 2,228 02-10-2016, 04:48 AM
Last Post: Bob
  Camping trips JRSC 14 5,144 02-01-2016, 09:27 PM
Last Post: JRSC