Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual Survival
Here's what I found:

Quote:This season a total five people, including Grady Powell, will be featured throughout the season. The pairings are:
  • Grady Powell and Josh James, who Discovery says is “an experienced outdoorsman from New Zealand’s South Island. Josh earned his moniker ‘The Kiwi Bushman’ through decades of working as a professional trapper, hunter and whitewater rafting guide in some of the most unspoiled wilderness environments on the planet. Years of living off the grid, hunting and fishing to provide for his family, have taught the Bushman to adopt a patient, balanced approach to survival that frequently clashes with his partner’s more impulsive tactics.”

• Grady Powell and Bo McGlone, an Air Force veteran, for a two-episode special episode that represents the show’s first pairing of people from different branches of the armed forces. Discovery says  that after his Air Force service, “Bo served as a military intelligence security contractor in Iraq, Afghanistan and Africa in some of the harshest possible conditions.”

• EJ Snyder and Jeff Zausch, from Discovery’s Naked and Afraid. The network’s press release suggests they’ll be featured in three episodes, as they “will tackle harsh obstacles in Moab, the Gulf Coast and Brazil’s Serro Do Mar mountain range.”
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
(08-25-2016, 06:31 PM)David Wrote: Here's what I found:

Quote:This season a total five people, including Grady Powell, will be featured throughout the season. The pairings are:
  • Grady Powell and Josh James, who Discovery says is “an experienced outdoorsman from New Zealand’s South Island. Josh earned his moniker ‘The Kiwi Bushman’ through decades of working as a professional trapper, hunter and whitewater rafting guide in some of the most unspoiled wilderness environments on the planet. Years of living off the grid, hunting and fishing to provide for his family, have taught the Bushman to adopt a patient, balanced approach to survival that frequently clashes with his partner’s more impulsive tactics.”

• Grady Powell and Bo McGlone, an Air Force veteran, for a two-episode special episode that represents the show’s first pairing of people from different branches of the armed forces. Discovery says  that after his Air Force service, “Bo served as a military intelligence security contractor in Iraq, Afghanistan and Africa in some of the harshest possible conditions.”

• EJ Snyder and Jeff Zausch, from Discovery’s Naked and Afraid. The network’s press release suggests they’ll be featured in three episodes, as they “will tackle harsh obstacles in Moab, the Gulf Coast and Brazil’s Serro Do Mar mountain range.”

So, ratings must be falling and they're trying different folks to keep things interesting. I'm sorry, but the pinnacle of Dual Survival is over IMO. Time for them to try something completely different. 

It's hard to beat Dave and Cody. They were Dual Survival personified. I believe the producers messed this show up. But now, the best survival show is Alone. It's as real as survival can get. And, the only drama is what the contests bring with them and present themselves.
In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
I agree that Dave and Cody were what made DS.  And yeah, they really screwed up royally getting rid of Dave and replacing him with Joe.  Matt was good and though he wasn't, imo, as good as Cody, did fill the naturalist part of the team quite well.  But did I mention how they screwed up by putting Joe in the show?  

I have been watching S8 as listed above.  It's not bad.  I haven't watched all of them yet and haven't seen any yet with Bo.  But enjoyed the ones with Josh James and Grady Powell.  Also enjoyed the three with EJ and Jeff.  

Funny thing is in the past I couldn't wait to see the next new episode.  I've had S8 for over a month now and haven't watched them all.  And too be honest, I still watch S1 and 2 even though I've seen them a gazillion times.  

I would really like to see Cody and Dave do some specials together though it probably wouldn't be on Discovery.  I don't know if they'd even work with each other again?  But it would be nice.

Just checked and it looks like EJ and Jeff are actually S9.  Didn't even realize there was a S9!  Shows how much I've paid attention to this show the last couple of years.  And did I mention what a mistake it was putting Joe on the show was?
Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Survival memes David 14 3,216 02-01-2017, 06:00 PM
Last Post: David
  Dirty Rotten Survival David 20 3,237 11-19-2016, 02:18 AM
  Survival/Post Apocalyptic books Cougar90 3 732 11-19-2016, 01:59 AM
  When survival shows go wrong. JRSC 19 1,880 06-24-2016, 09:11 PM
Last Post: JRSC
Thumbs Up When survival shows go right David 7 1,329 04-16-2016, 05:23 PM
Last Post: ric0123
  Dual Survival Cancelled David 20 6,357 01-06-2016, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Dr. Dickie
  What's The Grossest/Worst Thing You've Seen On A Survival Show? JRSC 12 3,937 09-11-2015, 12:24 PM
Last Post: ghost
Big Grin The survival gurus David 4 1,532 09-06-2015, 04:14 PM
Last Post: JRSC
Video Ray Mears' World Of Survival David 1 1,001 07-11-2015, 03:18 PM