Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peanut lighter
My son lost his peanut 'bullet' lighter so I ordered another one.

OPG3 Bullet Lighter

This looks to be the same type as the other bullet lighters I've purchased.  They don't seem to last as long as the less expensive 'pill bottle' type, however they are better constructed.  The bullet fill from the bottom whereas the pill bottle type requires you to pull the whole canister out from the top to refill.  What I've found is that the seam separates after a while and the top part that has the wick and striker separate from the sides of the canister.  The bullet type is simpler in that you simply unscrew the bottom, fill and rescrew.  No pulling the guts out every time.  Looking back, the pill bottle type can last 6 months or more (probably a lot more).  I tested the bullet out to 10 weeks and then refilled it.  I may initiate a longer test this time out but 10 weeks is still more than acceptable considering this is a secondary EDC keychain carry to the primary Zippo.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
The new bullet lighter arrived and I fueled it up and did a test light.  Think I'm going to initiate another test for duration and see how it goes.  That will give me an idea of how good the O-rings are and how long I can go between fill-ups.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Peanut lighter test thread David 2 66 08-13-2018, 04:48 PM
Last Post: David