Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peanut lighter
Fired up yesterday morning on the first strike.  That's 214 days.  I'll probably refill when I get the chance, I found out what I wanted to know.  This lighter, for $3 with a little thicker O-ring will last for at least 6 months +.  Will fuel up just like a Zippo and take any fuel source that a Zippo will take as well as Zippo parts.  Can't see how you can go wrong with it.

So yep, I'm chalking this up to the sensible prepper's must-have list of things to have.  Smile
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Going gear makes a larger version, a bit more expensive but works great!
"As a matter of Survival, ALL. CREATURES ARE FAIR GAME!"

Les Stroud Big Grin

Special snowflakes will be melted and consumed...I need to stay hydrated!

Big Grin
(09-09-2016, 07:56 PM)Glockzilla10mm Wrote: Going gear makes a larger version, a bit more expensive but works great!

How much they asking?

Not exactly sure right now, haven't been there in a stretch, but the Numyth Vulcan Fire piston and the peanut are made the same way. I think it's over $15 bux. Considering you can get 5 of the ones you use fer that...heck...IDK...but the FP and peanut by nuMyth get RAVE REVIEWS!
Have you seen the Zippo fuel tank thingy?? That's cool too.
"As a matter of Survival, ALL. CREATURES ARE FAIR GAME!"

Les Stroud Big Grin

Special snowflakes will be melted and consumed...I need to stay hydrated!

Big Grin
(09-10-2016, 12:12 AM)Glockzilla10mm Wrote: Not exactly sure right now, haven't been there in a stretch, but the Numyth Vulcan Fire piston and the peanut are made the same way. I think it's over $15 bux. Considering you can get 5 of the ones you use fer that...heck...IDK...but the FP and peanut by nuMyth get RAVE REVIEWS!
Have you seen the Zippo fuel tank thingy?? That's cool too.

Yes I've seen the Zippo fuel canister.  The knock-offs are NOT worth the savings as they leak.  Haven't tried the real deal but I like the idea if they don't leak.

I've noticed a couple of my inexpensive peanut lighters come apart when you try to take the inner canister out to refuel.  So I'm trying a different one at the moment to see how well it works.  Shaped like a bullet, it unscrews both on the top (to access the striker wheel and wick for lighting) and the bottom (to put the fuel in).

Since this is a new style of peanut lighter I figured I'd put it to the same test I did the other ones. So I filled it full this morning and give it a test light.

Day zero

(03-30-2017, 02:40 PM)David Wrote: Since this is a new style of peanut lighter I figured I'd put it to the same test I did the other ones. So I filled it full this morning and give it a test light.

Day zero

Fired it up today.  That's 40 days and counting.

I gave the above peanut lighter (bullet) to my son.  I just ordered a couple of more, one for myself and a spare:

2 PCS Mini Brass Bullet Key Chain Lighter

I like this style, not because it's a bullet shape but that it opens from the bottom.  As noted above, some of those inserts on normal peanut lighters come apart after a while.  On this design I'm not removing an insert.

That bullet shaped peanut lighter in the link above has lasted at least 10 weeks.  I lit it yesterday and it was fine.  Went ahead and topped it off when I filled up my regular Zippo.  It didn't take much so it still had a good amount of fluid in it.  

Well spend $12.