Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Working on packing my BOV
I have been working on packin my BOV the last couple of years... Medical issues have slowed me down, as well as life and having to work....

But here are some pics...

Here is where I was a few years before that...

Insert firearms

New Paint Job... The clear coat was coming off, I needed to do something and I was board...

Looks like you've got your gear well organized.  Is each pack specific to something (FAK, food, ammo etc) or does each pack contain a variety of gear?  

One of the things I keyed in on in the photo with the SG is the fire extinguisher under the seat.  Always a good idea.  I have several but feel this is an area that needs some additional attention for the home/vehicles.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Get a uhaul type trailer,have it preloaded and ready to hook.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
(01-04-2016, 03:05 PM)David Wrote: Looks like you've got your gear well organized.  Is each pack specific to something (FAK, food, ammo etc) or does each pack contain a variety of gear?  

One of the things I keyed in on in the photo with the SG is the fire extinguisher under the seat.  Always a good idea.  I have several but feel this is an area that needs some additional attention for the home/vehicles.

There are four back packs, 1 for each person... There are four rolling duffles, one for each person.

The packs are or will be, packed with all the same gear. The duffles are and mostly are packed with all the same gear... Packs are existence loads, duffles are battle rattle and protective gear.

Yeah after seeing a few car fires, I thought it prudent to get one in each vehicle and have a few around the house... I do need to update them, I'm going to let the kids learn to use a fire extinguisher when I do... Looking to get larger ones for the house, been on the back burner to long...

I have IFAKS on the Chest rig. Ammos in cans, and will have a few of those in load of truck and more in trailer.. Food will be in existence packs when planned use is expected. Ill try to do more later... Have a doctors appt I have to get to at moment.
Well done.

Interested in specifics.
(01-12-2016, 01:05 AM)mac66 Wrote: Well done.

Interested in specifics.

+1
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Looks well organized. You may want to have a larger vehicle FAK that's more extensive than the carried FAK that's on your gear. Also, in my experience vehicle fires go from nothing to majorly something in seconds. Think about what starts a vehicle fire...electrical, fuel, etc. If it's fuel, that fire could have quite a fuel source for some time feeding the fire. When I was a kid we had a passing car catch fire at the end of our driveway. We dumped two handheld extinguishers under the hood but the car was burnt down to the rims in what I recall would have been barely enough time to haul all of your gear out of the back. In my years as a LEO I've gone to several vehicle fires, and while I haven't been there from the start of the fire, the occupants have usually said it happened very fast once it started. I would advise a small handheld extinguisher for each seating position. You probably wont save the vehicle, but if you do some drills where rear passengers haul gear out while driver and front passenger concentrate on beating down the fire. With multiple extinguishers being retrieved and expended,you might have time to save your gear.