Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pass along a tip
Toilet paper, you can never have too much. Also look at the way the Japanese keep their tails clean. Have a tactical bidet can save a lot of room over TP. Just something else to think about.
Water use would be a downside, baby wipes are a nice prep.Phone books also, except for women.There can be a sanitary issue in some cases.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
(08-05-2015, 02:24 AM)kirgi08 Wrote: Water use would be a downside, baby wipes are a nice prep.Phone books also, except for women.There can be a sanitary issue in some cases.'08.

I have chosen my primary Bug Out Location (BOL) and my secondary because both have a fresh water source. It still needs to be purified for drinking but for washing and toiletry it is fine.
So do we,we have a well and a river at the bol.I just think a bidet is not high on my need list.'08.

(08-04-2015, 11:52 AM)David Wrote: Carry a Bic, Zippo or peanut lighter.  Even if you aren't a smoker they can come in handy.  The ability to make and sustain a fire can be crucial in an emergency situation.
  • Signal for rescue
  • Disinfect water
  • Regulate core body temperature
  • Cook food
  • Psychological comfort
  • And a lot more

Fire isn't something to take lightly.  It always helps to have some fire-starter tinder to get the fire going.  A cotton ball with any petroleum based gel/grease will extend the burn time on a cotton ball to several minutes.  You can use Vasaline, lip stick, lip balm like Chapstick for example smeared on the cotton ball.  Light it and it burns big for several minutes.   You can do the same thing with dryer lint or any fuzz/lint shaved off clothing or canvas style bags.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Always have a firearm, don't leave home without it.
The more knowledge you have the less you have to carry.
Do not charge scanner batts in the unit,charge them seperatley.The charging heats the unit up and causes the charging port to warp.'08.

A hornets nest is not a pinita.
Ghost's signature line speaks volumes:

Gibbs rule # 9 always carry a knife.

Doesn't matter if it's a SAK, folding Buck or a multi-tool.  Just have a cutting edge.  
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.