Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your EDC flashlight
(03-27-2018, 11:08 AM)bmyers Wrote: My wife has been carrying the Olight S1R for several months now. I had carried the S2R until the M2R Warrior came out.

She likes the S1R because of its small size. It easily fits in her pocket. One even went through the washing machine and dryer, still works fine.

I have used one on my ball cap on two different occasions as a makeshift headlamp. It worked fine, they are small enough that they don't pull your hat down and they provide more than enough light.

Okay, that is pretty impressive.  Gives you a lot of confidence that you'll have light if/when needed regardless of the conditions.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Great thread.
David, an officer I get pistol training from every now and then said one way responding officers will ID people in a shooting is good guys / cops usually have flashlights. Bad guys don’t.
So having that light could keep you from being accidentally mistaken for a BG and getting shot when responding LEOs are trying to sort things out.
I have always believed next to a TQ the flashlight is the most important thing I could be carrying.
I EDC surefires. The defenders and backups usually. Both have a high / low and I buy the CR batts by the case of 100 so the cost is not bad. (Battery junction)
Have you seen the stream light lanterns that are out now? Two sizes, one takes Dbatterys and the other 3/AAA. Little mini lanterns that are really cool. My wife ended up getting one she like mine so much.

We really are blessed with all the LED technology now. It wasn’t that long ago I was changing lamp bulbs all the time. That bulb always died when you really needed it.
(04-02-2018, 03:44 AM)BACKWOODS Wrote: We really are blessed with all the LED technology now. It wasn’t that long ago I was changing lamp bulbs all the time. That bulb always died when you really needed it.

You're absolutely right about that!  It wasn't too many years ago when I though a Mini Maglight (at like 14 lumens) was a great flashlight.  Nowadays even a $3 Sipik SK68 with a regular AA blows that out of the water!  The higher end 'real' CREE LED flashlights are simply daylight in a tube.  Makes you wonder how they could even improve on what they have now.

Welcome to the board btw  Smile

Yes, thank you
Someone linked to it over at Glock talk. Glad to be here. Not as much a prepper as I am a believer in being super prepared.
(04-02-2018, 03:44 AM)BACKWOODS Wrote: I EDC surefires. The defenders and backups usually. 

Good lights.  My duty light is a Stinger that's been changed over to LED.  Solid light.  I back it up with the Convoy S2+ and too be honest I use the S2+ more often because it is smaller and has a strobe function.  I keep the S2+ in the palm of my hand in case I need to flash the strobe in someone's eyes if they start getting squirrely.  The Stinger makes a great improvised kubaton or yawara stick though!

Nice. We have the stingers in the Work trucks, great light for work.
Not familiar w the S2 so I’m gonna go look it up.
I generally follow David's recommendations. I will add something that will help you.

Purchase a number of small lights like the photon 2. Buy chain with clasps from the Hardware store and put one on a chain. Put it around your neck. In the dark, you will be able to see with diffused light in your area. Of course, you will have a hand free because the light is around your neck and not in a hand. You can use a free hand to carry something or open a door. The diffuse light will not tell a bad guy exactly where you are. Yep, I did a three story office building individually and in teams in pitch black at an airport in training. You are also throw the lights in an area to illuminate and not be sticking your gun here and there.
(04-08-2018, 01:10 PM)BACKWOODS Wrote: Nice. We have the stingers in the  Work trucks, great light for work.
Not familiar w the S2 so I’m gonna go look it up.

Take a look at the Convoy S2+ thread in this section.  Order it from Mountain Electronics and you'll get it in a few days as long as it is in stock.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Corrosion in EDC Flashlight A3M0N 10 407 04-30-2018, 06:09 AM
Last Post: bdcochran
  The importance of a good flashlight David 7 1,356 03-02-2018, 01:24 PM
Last Post: David
Video Survival flashlight David 2 1,966 07-28-2015, 02:48 AM
Last Post: David