Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your EDC flashlight
I've swapped over to all AAA lights except on my keychain.
Around Christmas I picked up a MecArmy Illuminex-4 and it's an impressive little light.
MecArmy Illuminex-4 Aluminum 130 Lumen Rechargeable Micro-Size LED Flashlight with Micro USB Quick Recharging https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019YLX1Y2/ref...DzbKQEG5JA

In all vehicles, gun bags, and my pocket organizer I have streamlight stylus pro or microstream lights with spare batteries. I love the form factor of these lights and the commonly available batteries.
I have a shelf of Flashlights down in the basement. I have about a dozen flashlights that have rechargeable batteries sitting ready to go there. Every month I turn them on and run them down and then re-charge to keep them ready.
I purchased an Olight H1R for my wife (https://smile.amazon.com/Olight-Recharge...t+h1r+nova)

She works at the post office and they have lost power a few times recently. This gives her a light she can clip to her pocket and use it or wear it as a headlamp depending on what she is needing. She leaves it charging in her SUV so it is ready to go when she might need it.
(07-25-2017, 03:16 AM)Tsquare Wrote: I have a shelf of Flashlights down in the basement. I have about a dozen flashlights that have rechargeable batteries sitting ready to go there. Every month I turn them on and run them down and then re-charge to keep them ready.

Meant to ask you a while back Tony, what kind of lights do you have?  How many?  What type of battery you running?
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
The wife and I both have one of these on our keychain for over a year now and still working awesome:

https://www.amazon.com/Maglite-Solitaire...+solitaire

It's a bright little light.
Been awhile since we've touched on the thread so bringing it back up to the top.

I've got the Nitecore EC11 as my back up light attached to my EDC sling pack.  

[Image: nitecore-ec11-flashlight.jpg]

For EDC on-person carry it's the Nitecore EA11.

[Image: EA11.jpg&w=545]

They have the same head, driver, controls and function modes (H,M,L, Strobe, SOS, Beacon and red).  I like that the primary and back up are virtually the same with the exception of the batteries. Been going for long walks around the neighborhood so the EA11 has been coming in handy.  And it is holding a charge very well in those lithium ion batteries.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
[Image: olight-m2r-tactical-led-flashlight-2.jpg]

I have been carrying the Olight M2R Warrior and really like it. The tailcap switch is something I had never given much consideration to, but now that I have a light with it, I use the tailcap switch a lot. Makes it easy to get straight to the brightest setting quickly.
(08-28-2017, 05:49 PM)David Wrote:
(07-25-2017, 03:16 AM)Tsquare Wrote: I have a shelf of Flashlights down in the basement. I have about a dozen flashlights that have rechargeable batteries sitting ready to go there. Every month I turn them on and run them down and then re-charge to keep them ready.

Meant to ask you a while back Tony, what kind of lights do you have?  How many?  What type of battery you running?

Most of them are cheap Chinese single battery 3.7v li-ion, a couple of Cree li-ion, 3 of the cheap Harbor Freight  3cell AAA, a couple of maglights 2 double AA, 1 double c cell, 1 trip D cell (rechargable), 1 five D cell, and two Lackland lasers (cheap plastic 2 d cells).

The batteries for the Cree and Chinese are a mixture of Li-ion that came with most and a 3 pack of UltraFlrc (junk) I picked up at a liquidator. I have Energizer AAA, AA, C and D rechargeable batteries that came in a bundle with a charger as a past Christmas gift. I have added additional Energizers for everything except the 5 cell Maglight and the Lackland lasers. They sit empty most of the time. The rechargeable Maglight was mounted in my last truck but I do not have room for it in my Ranger.

My goto is a knockoff Cree with integrated taser or the Harbor Freight cheapy. I don't know where the knockoff Cree/taser came from as I found it rolling around in the back of my truck 3 years ago. The Cree charger works with it and it is a sealed unit so when the battery finally craps out it is done. 

I have a small fortune in Energizer batteries. I had Energizer stock for almost 20 years in my kids college fund - it did very well so I am still brand loyal.
I use the cheap LED flashlights as my disposable lights.

https://smile.amazon.com/PeakPlus-Tactic...flashlight

I buy them in the four pack and have them in every room, on every bag, just about everywhere. Although I use the Olight flashlights as my EDC lights now, I have lots of the cheap lights all over. I have a flashlight addiction problem. I figure you can never have to many flashlights.
My wife has been carrying the Olight S1R for several months now. I had carried the S2R until the M2R Warrior came out.

She likes the S1R because of its small size. It easily fits in her pocket. One even went through the washing machine and dryer, still works fine.

I have used one on my ball cap on two different occasions as a makeshift headlamp. It worked fine, they are small enough that they don't pull your hat down and they provide more than enough light.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Corrosion in EDC Flashlight A3M0N 10 341 04-30-2018, 06:09 AM
Last Post: bdcochran
  The importance of a good flashlight David 7 1,268 03-02-2018, 01:24 PM
Last Post: David
Video Survival flashlight David 2 1,920 07-28-2015, 02:48 AM
Last Post: David