Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GHB trauma bag

Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
That's a ridiculous kit for anyone to carry except a paramedic expecting to be in combat. That said…cool if you are.

Simply tourney/Israeli bandage/Quickclot is more than most would need IMO.

Remember - she is a NURSE. As I listen to this…"Your everyday carry" statement is ridiculous. Again - if you are a NURSE….yeah. Everyone else - no. IV fluids? Seriously?

She has no idea who her audience is.
I have an Army field medic kit in my Go-bag. Here is the short list of it's contents:

Scissors
Forceps
Tweezers
2 sterile disposable scalpels
2 Sterile Suture kits (pre-threaded curved needles)
Extra 3.0 suture silk
Alcohol wipes
Sulfur Powder
2 course supply of upper respiratory anti-biotic
Z-pack steroid
scrip of muscle relaxers - Flexural
scrip of pain med - Percept
bottle ea of Advil, Tylenol, & aspirin
6 Sterile Dressings - various sizes
Two sizes of Bandages
Band-aides
Neosporin
Medical Tape
Gauze
Tourniquet
Eye-flush
Thermometer
Gloves

I was a Self-aid and Buddy Care instructor when I was in the military (also Red Cross CPR instructor). I have received military training as a medic aid and know how to sew stitches, pop a dislocated arm back in joint, start an IV, and other treatments.
Looks reasonable to me. I guess according to her you are WAyyyyyyyyy under stocked…
She is prepped for a mass emergency. I am prepped for my immediate family. This is in my go bag that is also filled with other items. The bag comes in at 31 pounds with the ruck harness so I am not going to add anything more as I am a pound over my desired max.
IMO, A ghb medic kit should be sensible and realistic. But at the same time, there's nothing too rediculous to include in it. Reasons being is that so many things can have many multi-uses. And the "2 is 1 and 1 is none" always applies. Plus, today in the world we live in, you just don't know what could actually help you save either your own or someone else's life. You really can't go wrong. Just don't be under prepped!
JRSC, that is why I do have a few meds in the kit. The two scalpels are of different sizes. The larger one could also be used to clean game if it came down to that.
(12-06-2015, 03:17 PM)Bob Wrote: That's a ridiculous kit for anyone to carry except a paramedic expecting to be in combat.  That said…cool if you are.

Simply tourney/Israeli bandage/Quickclot is more than most would need IMO.

Remember - she is a NURSE.  As I listen to this…"Your everyday carry" statement is ridiculous.  Again - if you are a NURSE….yeah.  Everyone else - no.  IV fluids?  Seriously?

She has no idea who her audience is.

Actually, she does know her audience.  She goes around the country doing seminars.  A lot of the folks that have taken her classes, or know about her are subscribers to her channel.   That's why she is on the thorough side with this sort of think.  And we all prep to our level of experience.  For example, as a CPR instructor I normally carry (or have in the vehicles) a CPR MTM mask (and not the little cheap keychain version but rather the professional version).  Not something that is normally EDC/GHB'd but a valuable tool if you know how to use it.  And remember, she's discussing a GHB Trauma bag and not just a FAK.  Big difference.

I'd like to have an AED if they didn't cost so much.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.