Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Survival In Realtime
Something I've been thinking about lately about the most realistic thing that could happen in the next year.

Just before elections are held.

So the administration gets its approval for the "refugees" to start pouring into the country by the masses. States rights are a joke. Every state has untold amounts of these people. Because nobody is keeping count. Even national parks like Yosemite and Yellowstone are safe havens for these people. 

One day at 1030. Your at work. The news breaks that "refugees" has terrorists among them. They're going through neighborhoods murdering house to house. Attacking military and police installations. Hence keeping them busy. They're blowing up government buildings both state and federal. Martial law is not enforced. The administration is telling people not to retaliate and to remain at home that national guard and swat teams and such are on the case. They will cover every county to contain the issue. 

There's no telling when any stability will come. And protection by military and police is no guarantee. You have to rely on your knowledge and training and what you have on you. People are bomb rushing stores that sell firearms and ammunition. As well as grocery stores and such. Mass pandemonium.

What are you going to do? What can you do?

As a prepper, having what you have right now, food, water, self defense, in BOB, GHB, are you good to go? What's your plan (is there a plan?) what do you tell your wife, kids, daycare? Do you have to go get them? If you all can get home safe what's your next plan? What's the plan at home? Are you well equipped/prepped there?

What are you going to do? What's your plan A, B, C and so on?
Well being retired and ex-leo does have it benefits.
Usu always near home these day. wife knows pistols ( but she loves the m1 carbine ).
Kids all work local so not a major problem being 10 mins from their homes , 15 to mine and they all have the meet locations down.

Good for a hunker down a while with enough family here and a few neighbors who are of similar thought.... after that, sit and wait, see what happens but remain fluid if need be.
I've discussed plans with the family in the event that 'something' happens.  Doesn't necessarily depend on what that 'something' is at the time.  It could be a mass attack (grid, other utilities, government buildings, military bases, residential, riot or whatever).  My son is home-schooled and of an age he knows how to use firearms (I've taught him with every weapon I have except the bolt action .308) and can responsibly take charge of the house.  They know to hunker down and maintain vigilance.  If I'm not at hom at the time (like being at work for example) they know I'll be heading home one way or another.  If on foot it may take 1-3 days depending on what the situation is at the time (figure 20 miles).  I always have my off-duty with me and now I carry my 995TS as a trunk gun (along with extra ammo).  I have a GHB with enough rations for a week or more (ration bars in the GHB and MRE's at work in my locker).  I have the means to shelter along the way if necessary as well have clean drinking water on the go (multiple methods of disinfection).
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I' m thinking that the way things are going, the illegals won't have to come and take your stuff. The gov't will come and take your stuff and give it to them. You will be taken away if you resist or protest.
This months issue of Prepared Magazine is IMO one of the best yet. Great information on issues like this.
Do the same thing always - go home (by somewhat obscure route, hunker down.
We will be at the cabin at least a month before the elections,earlier if the events merit it.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Quantity has a quality all of its own.
(12-09-2015, 06:13 AM)kirgi08 Wrote: We will be at the cabin at least a month before the elections,earlier if the events merit it.'08.

Yeah, being off the radar can be a good place.  I'd like to be optimistic about the whole thing, but like I've been saying, I wonder if there actually will be elections.  Of course I hope I'm wrong and a sunny day is ahead.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
(12-09-2015, 06:13 AM)kirgi08 Wrote: We will be at the cabin at least a month before the elections,earlier if the events merit it.'08.

I'm gonna ask, even though I'll regret it;  WHy a month before the Elections?
We have 20yrs worth of food and gear here,If we decide to go it will take time to move it all.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Quantity has a quality all of its own.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Survival and Controlling the Night bdcochran 4 489 05-25-2019, 03:10 PM
Last Post: bdcochran
  Free survival book series Tom Mac 2 534 12-02-2018, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Bob
  29 Survival Myths Debunked David 3 1,094 07-19-2018, 01:59 PM
Last Post: David
  Survival Story: Overnighter turns into 6-day stay for missing Oakland hiker David 3 1,378 03-13-2018, 04:06 PM
Shocked Millennials lack basic survival skills David 15 6,652 03-11-2018, 01:43 PM
  Urban survival David 13 6,677 10-29-2017, 04:05 PM
  Survival training: Gene 24 9,893 10-19-2017, 01:21 PM
Last Post: bdcochran
Information Survival vs. Sustainable Self Reliance David 2 1,689 10-09-2016, 07:20 PM
  Survival and Preparedness 2016 JRSC 4 3,207 01-06-2016, 05:16 AM
  25 Survival Myths That Could Actually Hurt You David 0 1,237 10-17-2015, 01:11 PM