Poll: Are you a member of the NRA?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NRA
Curious who is a member.  I use to be a member years ago but let the membership slip.  Just rejoined last week.  They tout 5 million members now.  That's only about 5% of the gun owners in the country. 

Anyone else a member?  If so, why did you join?  If not, what was your reason for not joining?
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
yes, and just renewed again for 3yrs... local private range wanted you to be a member. With the private indoor range so close I would have joined just for that.

just hate the money request emails they seem to send to much.
Used to be a member. I dumped them when they went soft about 15 years ago.
Agree. '08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
In what way?
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Some of the "deals" they made are insane,shall not be infringed ain't up ta negotiation.'08.

Been a life member for over 30 years.

Right after the big ban scare, the NRA was offering $300 life memberships. I sponsored over 350 life members during that campaign. Sponsoring meant lending them my member number so they could join with a friends and family gift membership. It didn't cost me anything but then again I didn't so much as a la- de-da from the NRA.

I don't always agree with the NRA but there is strength in numbers and they are the big dog on the block and have significant political clout. They have also changed their ways as we've been able to elect more representative board members over the years. They also have pretty good training programs. I've become an NRA pistol instructor in the last year in order to help friends and family get their concealed pistol licenses.
Life member here. Anyone who claims to be pro freedom or 2nd ammendment and isn't a member should be ashamed. Of course, they've made mistakes over the decades, but they are the only lobbying group on our side and they get more results than anyone. If you don't like the junk mail and donation requests, throw them away when they come. Without the NRA we would most likely be like Australia and Britain already.
I used to be one. Lately, they have made such asinine statements I think they do as much harm as good. I'll still marginally give them a thumbs up.

All in all, mostly a positive influence.
Ayep.'08.