Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Armed Citizen
(11-15-2016, 03:31 PM)JRSC Wrote:
(11-15-2016, 01:57 PM)David Wrote: Passerby shoots, kills motorist assaulting deputy after traffic stop

This is the initiative and care that each American should take. Sadly, sometimes doing what's right works out wrongly against you. Nevertheless, the passerby did the right thing.

Side note to the above story:

Quote:Here's a note from the Sheriff of Lee County, Mike Scott.

Earlier this week, two heroes met on I-75 and while they had never met before, one would save the others life. I was at the hospital when the ambulance arrived, the rear doors opened, and my Deputy Dean Bardes was unloaded on a stretcher. Bloody from a vicious attack by a driver Bardes had stopped for endangering the lives of other innocent citizens in our community, the Medics wheeled him into a treatment room. Joined by others from our team, I was there when his wife and family arrived with fear and concern for their loved one as the E.R. team worked on him. Ironically, this was the first day in a while that Deputy Bardes was alone on patrol because as a Field Training Officer, he typically has a recruit riding with him to learn the business. A business that has seen an increasingly alarming rise in attacks and killings perpetrated on cops. A business that has fallen victim to false narratives like Ferguson where the good guys have been painted as the bad guys by a vocal minority that refuses to allow facts and evidence to get in their way. A business that is the last line of defense between good and evil.

On behalf of the men and women of the LCSO, I thank Deputy Dean Bardes for his bravery and pray for a full recovery. I thank the E.R. staff and E.M.S. for their immediate attention to Dean, and I thank the many witnesses to this event who stopped to assist our Detectives. I thank my good friends at “Shoot Straight” who realized that the hero’s gun was taken as evidence and immediately gave him a brand new firearm. Above all, I thank the hero that recognized the imminent threat, rushed to Deputy Bardes’ aid, and ultimately stopped that threat. In a day and age where race is a near instant focus for media and other pundits in police incidents, the fact is that this hero happens to be a man of color who stopped another man of color from further harming or killing a white cop; thereby reminding us that black lives matter, blue lives matter, and indeed all life matters. We at your Sheriff’s Office remain proud to serve and focused on the mission.

Mike

Quote:The shooter who saved the cop's life used his Springfield 40 to save him. 3 shots were fired. While many of us own multiple guns, the shooter is a man of modest means, & the Springfield was his only gun. Even though it was a good shoot, the police had to take the gun until the case is closed. The shooter came into the Shoot Straight store in Ft. Myers, & told them the story. He could not afford to buy a replacement gun. So Shoot Straight gave him AT NO COST a gun, ammo, holster, & a year's membership for the range. That's a great ending to an unfortunate story.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I'm glad it turned out to be a blessing. Keep that good momentum going.
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/...y_161122.n

This should never had been a problem. But glad the Pentagon finally did something right.
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.

6 Time Felon Killed In Shootout By 13 Year Old During ‘Attempted’ Home Invasion

Effectively Get Your Gun In The Fight With These Proven Off-Body Carry Drills & Tactics…

Texas Attorney General: I Would Rather Arm Citizens Than Increase Gun Control

Gun-Wielding Citizen Hero Shot at Texas Killer, Asked Nearby Man in Pickup Truck to Chase Him Down

Man opens fire inside Oklahoma restaurant before 'armed citizen' shoots, kills him, police say

Home Invasion Thug Stabs 75-Year-Old Man, 80-Year-Old Wife BLOWS THUG AWAY

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Examples of why one should always be armed in the woods David 47 16,350 03-15-2018, 04:08 PM
Last Post: David
Thumbs Up Armed citizens defending themselves David 4 2,166 08-13-2015, 01:00 PM
Last Post: kirgi08