Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Armed Citizen
[Image: 12311169_749015781895919_598743621270993...3oh7w7.jpg]
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Dave - that is a terrible statistic. Stop that. You need to check out the source, the data and the definition. That was "FB" not FBI…
See what real information looks like?

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/office-of-p...-2000-2013

Federal policy has not changed a lick in any way that has anything to do with that. Based on the above - Active Shooter incidents are certainly on the rise, 2012 was a bit on the high side.

or
https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R44126.pdf

Keep in mind - most of the information like that above is presented is clearly lies and deception designed to make a political statement. Those people wouldn't know a fact if it bit them in the arse, or how to interpret it (the real challenge). That post is intended to make you hate democrats. All that does is divide us, create fear and anger. What it doesn't do, is identify problems, causes and solutions. It might have been created by Colt for all you know to drive gun sales.

Mass killing data often includes extensive inclusion of family based crimes where a male head of home kills 3-4 family members (see mass killing vs mass public killing above)

When you REALLY look at the data critically - you shouldn't be much more concerned about this than you were 10-15 years ago. The odds of you being involved in one have really not changed in any sensible threat matrix.

You need to index ALL of this against meaningful normalizations such as "incidence per 100,000" population.

That said - being prepared is being prepared….so for me, to the degree that I am ready for the biggest issues, and that being prepared for a mass killing event is beneficial for everything else. I'm there.

But preparing for them because of politics, or philosophical disposition is just pure foolishness. If you really look at who does these things, and when/where….you'll realize that the majority of them won't be seen coming, nor will they be ISIS. So POTUS has jack to do with this. Repub or Dem.

God gave us great big brains to use. Instead - we decide that posting images of good and bad presidents based on political affiliations is important. I think God cries a little when he sees that. No love there - just lies, hate and division.
(12-13-2015, 03:31 PM)Bob Wrote: Dave - that is a terrible statistic.  Stop that.  You need to check out the source, the data and the definition.  That was "FB"  not FBI…
I don't do FB.  The source was a December 2nd article by Truthstream Media.  Your FBI link was interesting but only covers 13 years, whereas they covered about 35 years in the article.
Quote: Federal policy has not changed a lick in any way that has anything to do with that.
I disagree.
Quote:Keep in mind - most of the information like that above is presented is clearly lies and deception designed to make a political statement. Those people wouldn't know a fact if it bit them in the arse, or how to interpret it (the real challenge). That post is intended to make you hate democrats. All that does is divide us, create fear and anger. What it doesn't do, is identify problems, causes and solutions. It might have been created by Colt for all you know to drive gun sales.
Which part was a lie?  Is it untrue that there have been more active shooter incidents under this administration that the previous four?  Is it to make the reader hate Dems or is it to identify a trend?  As far as division, the current administration has done an excellent job along with some expert outside assistance. 
The problem and causes?  A divisive administration that wants to defeat the Constitution.  Rampant drug use.  Kicking God out of every aspect of society.  Entitlement generation.  Import of terrorism.  Take your pick.
Solutions?  Return to moral values (which means returning to our Christian roots).  And kill the bad guys.  Yeah, just that simple. 
Quote:we decide that posting images of good and bad presidents based on political affiliations is important.
It's the start to conversation, so it's important.

O'worthless is up to something...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-meets-b...15633.html
Read the comments on that article.

Cut back ammo and repeal the 2nd amendment???

So when ISIS attacks what are you going to do until/if the police come??
The Active Shooter — One Retired Cop’s Perspective

I've been teaching my wife how to shoot in preparation of her getting her CCW.  I just found out I have the authority to sign off on the CCW application so I want her to be up to speed/standards like I'd teach any recruit.  She has really been enjoying it and we have a 'date night' tomorrow at the range that she's excited about.  While watching some YT videos yesterday morning I clicked on one that had an intro of a gun shot.  She was sitting on the couch in the same room and asked what that was.  I told her it was a video on YT and she said the gun shot was 'music to her ears now'.  

I must be doing something right!  Big Grin

Good job Dave. We need more shooters.

To be clear, the problem with the stats most folks are touting about "mass shootings" is the victims. When someone mentions a mass shooting, most people think of a lunatic shooting up a school/church/business. Those are the events that get blasted out from all media sources ad nauseam. However, they are only a small portion of the number listed. The majority of "mass shootings" in the stats are gang members killing eachother, drug deals gone bad, even cops killing multiple criminals. It's an obvious ploy to skew data for the purpose of restricting gun owners.
In one of my college Statistics classes my professor started off the class with, "Statistics, the manipulation of numbers to get the desired end result of a survey." Throughout the class he showed us how to manipulate the sample numbers and raw data to skew the end results by changing the parameters of the outliers to eliminate results that we didn't want to see. It was a very messed up class that has caused me to question every survey I have seen since.

Just had to throw that out there...
Global warming comes readily to mind.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Examples of why one should always be armed in the woods David 46 12,876 08-31-2017, 01:27 PM
Last Post: David
Thumbs Up Armed citizens defending themselves David 4 1,694 08-13-2015, 01:00 PM
Last Post: kirgi08