Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrorism in Europe
Exclamation 
I'm sure everyone has heard about the attacks in Paris.  In less than a month we've had a downed Russian airliner, attacks in Lebanon and now Paris.  Just reinforces that fact that we are truly at war.  Unfortunately, our current leadership seems to not realize this.  Just yesterday BO was telling the media that ISIL was 'contained'.  They don't seem very contained to me.  And 'containment' isn't going to solve the problem anyway.

At any rate, just reinforces again why we prepare.  And why being an armed citizen is important.  Stay vigil folks and check your six.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Our so-called president isn't concerned in the least for ISIS. His promise to "decapitiate" them is purely rhetoric. If he was really on the lookout for us, our military would not be a skeleton crew. And he'd have done everything he could to save our economy. And while the largest majority of America sleeps they're getting their plans together for us. If you can't see the steaming hot mess rising towards those fan blades, heck, I don't know what to tell you anymore.
Unfortunately, most people here in the US have a very short attention span.
First of all, POTUS can't do much period. Not a personal statement (although I believe he is a putz). Just how our government works. He can do very little without Congress approving AND funding. Congress on the other hand…..Still isn't doing crap

So - to be clear, since Congress hasn't declared, no WE are not at war. Maybe they are though.

As for Military being a "Skeleton" crew….
- BS pure and simple. You have bought into the rhetoric of the right. Our military is larger than ANY except Russia and China, and far better equipped. We have MORE than sufficient military to fully address any issue we actually care to.

Also, let's be honest. We can't afford the bill, so I'm going to suggest let's don't go to war. The money we would spend on that crap would be 1000x more than what it would cost to fix the borders etc. And all it will do is have some US made bomb kill Habib's favorite nephew and make more problems.

What are you going to do? Kill everyone? Better thought - stay the eff out of everyones business. It's cheap and safe and makes it really hard to run Jihad smack on you. I'm fine with going, but if we are going, then kill every soldier, every man, ever woman, every child, every horse, cow, sheep, pig, dog, cat and every relative three spots removed from everyone you kill. That will end it.If you can't do that, then sit down, relax, and stay out of their business. Clearly no one THERE is interested in ending it. Not my fight. Amazing how the supposedly "free" country wants to infringe on everyone else in the world.

And these days - I'll just say this; If you are willing to fight for our government, you are a fool. They GET US IN FIGHTS just so they and their corporate constituents can make money at your expense. They really don't care if you die as long as it doesn't cost votes. And don't give me any "You are disrespecting the soldiers" BS. we haven't been in a fight that was endangering our Freedom since WWII. If we were in danger, I'd be putting a rifle in the hands of my 11 year old. Give me a reason to fight, a REAL reason to fight, and I'll be glad to. I'll even fight FOR you if you demonstrate that YOU are willing to die with me. I don't see a lot of people in the Middle East asking for weapons…US troops will be right behind you - as soon as YOU charge into battle yourself Middle East.

Our economy is NOT savable by anything that most people would find acceptable. But hey - keep worrying about the Dems for not worrying about Iraq/ISIS or whatever. If we never went to Iraq, NONE of this would be happening. WE destabilized the middle east to keep the dollar as the predominate currency of oil, and upset the balance of power allowing BOTH terrorism to have a free playground and Iraq to grow in power. And all that is doing is kicking the can down the road, and both republicans and democrats do it and know it.

A REAL leader would request the budget for life span health care BEFORE electing to send any amount of troops anywhere. You don't have the money to clean up the mess, you can't afford to make the mess. If the fight was REALLY worth going to, the people would be demanding it. All we are doing is watching it on TV and going back to bitching about Starbucks cups. Remember that when you hear even ONE soldier bitching about the VA.

Me - I'm into what this forum is about. Cleaning up debt, sustainable living, and PREPARING for the future. I'm not getting distracted by things I can't change. I can't change the Federal governments choices anymore, and can't and don't care about what Jihadi's and France does.

Sad that anyone died and I believe it is wrong and that those who were responsible should receive swift and terrible reprisal. But when you spin that to 'The president sucks…" you are so missing the point. And that what they (Repubs, Dems, Media, Corporations) want.

(11-14-2015, 01:01 PM)David Wrote: I'm sure everyone has heard about the attacks in Paris.  In less than a month we've had a downed Russian airliner, attacks in Lebanon and now Paris.  Just reinforces that fact that we are truly at war.  Unfortunately, our current leadership seems to not realize this.  Just yesterday BO was telling the media that ISIL was 'contained'.  They don't seem very contained to me.  And 'containment' isn't going to solve the problem anyway.

At any rate, just reinforces again why we prepare.  And why being an armed citizen is important.  Stay vigil folks and check your six.

Amen.

And that means when things do go wrong…be able to be someone who doesn't need the support of .gov, or can help someone else who needs help, aid, or support.  And that is ONLY possible when you have yourself taken care of!
As for Military being a "Skeleton" crew….- BS pure and simple.  You have bought into the rhetoric of the right.  Our military is larger than ANY except Russia and China, and far better equipped.  We have MORE than sufficient military to fully address any issue we actually care to.

I'm not going to argue. I'm going to say this, I'm in the national guard. And I also work for the army. I've seen our army go from extraordinary proportions to a light force. Our military is getting slimmer and slimmer each year since Obama took office. Do we still have good equipment and knowledgeable/trained soldiers. Some. What were experiencing is when this mess goes off and America has no choice but to get fully involved, were going to have to draft. And then things will get really interesting....
Dave,I'm gonna stick this thread.Folks,this admin has done nada to curb this.Isis has gone to global war.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
(11-14-2015, 04:17 PM)Bob Wrote: So - to be clear, since Congress hasn't declared, no WE are not at war.  Maybe they are though.

Rush Limbaugh had the simplest definition of war I've ever heard;  war is where you kill people and break things.  Well, they are killing people and they're breaking things.  We are at war regardless of whether it's politically correct for the idiots in Washington to say so or not.  That goes for the Republicans, Democrats, Blue Dogs, Rinos, Moderates, Progressives and whatever else they want to call themselves. 

Like a few here, I've lived in the Middle East.  I'm very well aware of the mentality of these morons.  It is perfectly acceptable to lie to your face and then stab you in the back.  It's perfectly acceptable to hide behind woman and children and send the mentally incompetent out to blow themselves up.  It's perfectly acceptable to have sex with a little boy or girl.  It's perfectly acceptable to beat or maim a woman.  They are the very worst of mankind.  You can't 'start a conversation' with them.  You can't 'have a dialogue' with them.  They are single-minded in their quest to conquer and kill, we need to be single-minded in our quest for survival.  

It isn't our foreign policy that makes them not like us.  It is our Constitution that makes them hate us.  It is the anti-thesis of Sharia law.  Being nice to them is seen as weakness.  What they understand is overwhelming, brutal strength.  According to Scripture, Damascus at some point in the future is going to be laid waste and become uninhabitable.  At some point I would not discount some power saying 'enough is enough' and nuking that city.  

If some bully kicks you in the shin you've got a choice; option A is to be passive.  Anyone not understand what option A will get you?  Then there is option B.  Option B is kicking him in the nuts then stomping the crap out of him while he's on the ground so that he pisses blood for a month then throwing his bike in a dumpster after you've run over it a dozen times.  Which option gets him the message that you should be left alone? 

The time has arrived for the west to begin coordinated round-the-clock bombings on anything they suspect is ISIS while sending in surgical drone strikes and S.F. on anything they control or funds them i.e. oil fields, storage facilities, ammo depots, vehicles etc.  BO bragged that they did like 200 air strikes in the first few months...that's a joke.  200 air strikes is the first 24 hours of a serious campaign.  BO won't do it.  If the country is still here in a couple of years, and if he hasn't tried to seize power through some bogus martial law attempt...maybe the next guy will have a pair and do what needs to be done. 

This doesn't address the fact that they've inserted cells into this and other countries.  So it will be up to our intelligence community to ferret them out, Federal, state and local L.E. to deal with the ones that don't...and the armed citizen that doesn't feel like being a sheep to the one's L.E. isn't on scene to deal with right here and now.

Yes Dave, but let's test that theory to destruction;

Where do you draw the line, and at what point do you address your own culpability in the actions?

Imagine if you will that someone decided that anti-catholic sentiment in the US was too much. They sent in a force to ensure that all Anti-catholic aggression was halted. That resulted in all kinds of bullets flying around your neighborhood. So now, the ACAF (AntiCatholic Agression Force) is in your neighborhood. How do you feel about them?

Westboro Baptist then start a bunch of crap - because that's what they do. The ACAF starts blowing things up in the neighborhood where things are going wrong. What do you do?
(11-14-2015, 07:43 PM)Bob Wrote: Yes Dave, but let's test that theory to destruction;

Where do you draw the line, and at what point do you address your own culpability in the actions?

Imagine if you will that someone decided that anti-catholic sentiment in the US was too much.  They sent in a force to ensure that all Anti-catholic aggression was halted.  That resulted in all kinds of bullets flying around your neighborhood.   So now, the ACAF (AntiCatholic Agression Force) is in your neighborhood.  How do you feel about them?

Westboro Baptist then start a bunch of crap - because that's what they do.  The ACAF starts blowing things up in the neighborhood where things are going wrong.  What do you do?

Your argument is flawed Bob.  We're not talking about anti-Muslim sentiment.  The vast majority of Arabs are the most hospitable people in the world (whether they're Muslim or Christian or other).  I should know, my wife is Arab (Christian Arab).  That's the culture.  We're talking anti-terrorist sentiment.  If a Muslim wishes to live by Sharia law then fine.  When they start killing people because those people don't want to live by Sharia law then we have an issue.

Intolerance becomes an issue with almost any religion. Some group is going to begin to assert their beliefs upon others. I often wonder if Freedom / Religion will ever be able to reconcile their issues.

I'm not talking about Spirituality either. Different creature - highly related to religion, but not the same thing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Terrorism in the U.S. David 89 14,215 12-12-2017, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Tsquare