Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buyer beware - batteries
Just be careful what you order on BJ, they sell 'Ultrafire' batteries on their site:

Ultrafire

And you'd be hard pressed to find a crappier battery than the Ultrafire!  

Stick with batteries (lithium ion) like Efest, Keeppower, King Kong, Panasonic, Sanyo, Samsung and the like.   As an option, Richard at Mountain Electronics has a sterling reputation on Budget Light Forums.  Fair prices and quick shipping.  And many of his products are favorably reviewed on BLF.  Plus you'd never see him advertise something like an Ultrafire.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
(04-03-2018, 01:15 PM)David Wrote: Just be careful what you order on BJ, they sell 'Ultrafire' batteries on their site:

Ultrafire

And you'd be hard pressed to find a crappier battery than the Ultrafire!  

Can say your right,.... saw the results of a 123 Ultrafire battery... almost fire in camera, melted camera !
This were from Ebay. Only use those now that have a PCB to prevent over discharge/over charge
Here is a controlled test.  This was short circuited on purpose for a demonstration but it also shows what's under the label.  Chinese batteries are notorious for putting good labels on bad batteries.  They buy good labels by the case for this purpose.  On top of that they vastly over inflate the mAh of the batteries.  For example, in the video this 18650 label has 4000mAh.  Nope.  Good batteries are only currently up around 3600 give or take.  Rub the last zero off that Ultrafire and you'll be about what it actually holds, not to mention you'll only be able to charge it maybe 10 times instead of 500 like a good battery.  

Chinese mAh and Chinese lumens....buyer beware.  

Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Gee David! I believe the ads. Like a person can buy cheaply quality batteries actually made in Japan, shipped to Red China and reshipped to the USA cheaper than if I went through an authorized factory dealer! A few years ago, I became aware of the highly restrictive shipping requirements that were going to be imposed on transportation of 18650 batteries and picked up the name brand ones from reputable dealers. I can't remember the name. I do deal with a guy down in Texas who has an outstanding reputation.

It is hard to know who is honest on the net today. I research all sellers that I can. In business for a few years -no purchase. Bad reviews - no purchase. Seller apparently from a certain background based upon shipping address in the US - no purchase. Deals too good to be true - no purchase. Advertised batteries that are solely manufactured in Japan, but sold cheaply from Red China - no purchase.
Wow, very interesting video
I use to buy from Ebay , now only from one supplier ; Battery Junction

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Check your batteries bdcochran 2 1,434 10-15-2016, 12:51 PM
Last Post: David
Question Ikea Ladda rechargable batteries? David 4 2,324 09-18-2015, 04:07 PM
Last Post: JRSC