Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alone
I'm not even sure what happened with the fat one. She yelled at some bears and then had an emotional breakdown about her "rage monster". She actually said that she hates that she's "good at violence". She must have a different definition of violence.
(05-13-2016, 07:35 PM)Ronin.45 Wrote: I'm not even sure what happened with the fat one. She yelled at some bears and then had an emotional breakdown about her "rage monster". She actually said that she hates that she's "good at violence". She must have a different definition of violence.

Yeah, I think that she thinks that yelling is violence.  It explains why she is not a cop any longer.
(05-13-2016, 10:48 PM)Dr. Dickie Wrote:
(05-13-2016, 07:35 PM)Ronin.45 Wrote: I'm not even sure what happened with the fat one. She yelled at some bears and then had an emotional breakdown about her "rage monster". She actually said that she hates that she's "good at violence". She must have a different definition of violence.

Yeah, I think that she thinks that yelling is violence.  It explains why she is not a cop any longer.

Well, she definitely proved she wasn't a wilderness survivor. Don't get me wrong... I've never (knowingly) been close to bears. I've heard heavy critters moving around on mountain trips but never unnerved me like that. I know a sow and her cubs can be a frazzling thing because she can turn deadly too quickly. But just like it's already been stated. You know going into this that there are going to be bears, cougars, wolves etc... You (should) know that you're going to be challenged in every way possible. It's $500,000 on the line and you're going to have to work for it. Personally, it's an experience I seriously wish I could do. And it aggravates me to no end that 2 of these knuckleheads have thrown away that experience too easily. 

Tracy has more problems than she was admitting on camera. Or, she was like josh last year. Just wanted to go home and found a reason.

I will say that I'm impressed with Mike. Very ingenuitive feller... But his wife might make him tap.

Larry, for some reason I like this guy. He doesn't seem to believe in himself very much. He's really his own worst enemy. But I was happy he was getting all those fish and got a shot of confidence last night. I really hope the best for him.

Randy.... It'd be a pretty bad blow to be a survival instructor who couldn't survive.... He hasn't given up and I respect him for that. I'm interested to see how he continues to survive out there.
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
This season seems so much more fast paced than last season.
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

It does appear that time is going by quicker than last year. Few have been impressive thus far.
Just caught up on the show. I'm a little disappointed with mike... I thought he was the doing the best alongside Nicole. Virtually no real issues as the others have had. Justin concerns me with all the calories he burns. I appreciate what he's doing for the veterans but a win would mean more to me than him climbing a mountain. Jose will probably be in the final 3, I'm thinking David will fight a while longer but might be the next to tap. Larry, for some reason as hot headed and insecure he seems I can see him making it further than we think. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if he won. The idea of the weekend bushcrafter, or seemingly the least of contestants takes the gold I think would really help people see how determination and endurance are key components to survival.

I reckon there'll be another season and then maybe a Celebrity series. Add Dave, Cody, Matt, Joe, Mykel, Les, Bear and Creek and let 'em at it.

Wow... The ones I thought were possibly the toughest contenders are dropping like flies. If Nicole don't get eaten by a bear, she'll probably be the winner.

It is interesting to see all of these people drop out basically because they are bored, or because 'they finished what they came here to do.' So, I get the personal journey and the testing yourself and the spiritual part, but I can think of 500,000 big reasons to find ways to keep myself busy.

I did ponder that last night when I was watching it. Past about day 40, people do tend to get bored and either get restless or start projects. I was thinking that if my food and water was set, then I'd start to build a log cabin like one of the other guys did. It's just a matter of time before the weather turns or a bear comes up on you. While most of the people seem to be ok in a tarp tent, if I had NOTHING else to do, I'd go back and reinforce it. Do you remember season 1, when Sam was trapped in his cabin during a gale for 2 weeks?

I also think Nicole is awesome. She reminds me of Sam, that she's just out having a hell of a good time
I admit, Nicole is a trooper. She's went further than I've thought she would. She just annoys me with the bear situation. Unless I can't see it, she doesn't carry her air horn or bear spray with her. She acts like she doesn't want to disturb nature while I'd would try to establish my authority in the area. Just wouldn't want the Bears thinking they're safe enough to get curious about me. If she doesn't get eaten or sick, she'll probably win.

I agree fully about keeping gainfully employed. While sitting around thinking about food or home, think about what would really help you at the moment. You know you need good food, potable water, a comfortable and safe living quarters. So use that time to enhance your quality of life. Yes, build a better shelter, fortify your living space, learn better trapping techniques, fish, Larry seems to kind of catching on to this.

Again, this is something I'd really like to do. And it's aggravating to see some of these people IMO just throw in the towel. Except Mary Kate, she understandably had to leave. But, it just shows that mental aspect of the situation.

I've found some of the season 1 guys on YouTube. Sam Larson has a YouTube channel and Mich has one and a website, http://nativesurvival.com. Pretty knowledgeable guys.