Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alone
I'm still pulling for Sam, but he seemed to really be hitting the mental wall in the last episode I watched.   But from what I've seen, Alan does seem to be the strongest mentally/emotionally so far.  And that goes a long way.  Got to hand it to Lucas though, so far the guy's been pretty inventive with the canoe and yurt.  Did I hear him correctly when he said he had a girlfriend?  I was thinking he walked a different path? 

I don't think I've watched the very latest episode so I might catch up tonight when I get home.  And I didn't see the episode with the guys that tapped out. 

We'll see if where all correct with Alan or if we get surprised. Big Grin
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Lol! I thought the same thing. I believe he did say he's got a girlfriend. He's just a sensitive lil guy...
Two men left....

Alan appears to be eating much better than Sam. That could easily be the deciding factor.
I think it's a game of patience, knowledge and endurance now. Both don't know they are the last ones left. Whoever has it in their mind they're not leaving until someone comes to get them.
I wonder how long the crew will let the final guy go. It would suck to be out there for a couple weeks after the 9th guy quits.
One more episode. I think it's going to be Alan, though Sam is awesome. Sam's not eating. .

most of the people on the show are members of this forum

http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/forum.php
(08-15-2015, 02:29 AM)Ronin.45 Wrote: I wonder how long the crew will let the final guy go. It would suck to be out there for a couple weeks after the 9th guy quits.

Yeah, we were talking about that at work.  I figure it's costing $ every day they're out there to have the production team standing by (plus they must make contact in some way for them to get new film/memory and replace cameras that go down due to the weather).  So I'm betting 5 minutes after the 9th guy taps they are on the sat phone to let #10 know he's won and they're on the way to pick him up.

I don't know if they are contacting them for batteries and such. If you look closely around the camp sites they each have a couple big Pelican style crates I assume are loaded with tech supplies.
The pelican cases are for all of their camera equipment. They have some very limited emergency survival gear (like life vests). I think I saw someplace that they are dropping off batteries near by

That's what happened with the original 'naked and alone' British guy. He was alone, but every few days he would walk to the far end of the island where the crew left fresh batteries and blank tapes. I think he was out on an island for 90 days?