Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini mobil multi band radio
Well the Chinese are at it again and have come out with another cheap multiband radio for <$100. This one is for a mobile/vehicle use and is rated at 25 watts VHF and 20 watts UHF.  I've not got one yet but have been looking at them since it came out in June. Still some software glitches but when the radio nerds work them out this may very well be a great little radio to use in conjunction with the Baofeng handhelds. It actually is getting some good reviews other than some noted programming issues.

QYT KT8900 aka as a variety of other brand designations.  Here is link to a youtube vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAoV0Dy2-aQ

Keep an eye on this one. It's small, cheap with decent power for a mobile. I expect some software upgrades within a few months and some hacks will take care of any issues it may have. This thing is just begging for use as a base station at the cabin or mounting in a Go Box. It's gonna be a great bang for the buck.
Quick look looks good.... like you tho, I'd wait about 6months... you'll see an update on the s/w and the few bugs stamped. At that price its a good one to pack away in the garbage can ( i mean Faraday cage Smile )

I'll have to pull out my older Alinco 2m mobile docs and compare specs between the two.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Luiton LT-898UV ham radio review ric0123 3 1,247 06-03-2017, 07:27 PM
Last Post: mac66
  Ham Radio go kits part 2. Who would buy one? ric0123 8 2,559 05-06-2017, 06:08 PM
Last Post: ric0123
  Yes! There’s a FM radio in your phone… but they don’t let you use it. David 0 1,189 09-06-2015, 03:15 PM
Last Post: David
  [split] USB SDR (Software Defined Radio) Racer 3 2,243 07-15-2015, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Racer