Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EDC FAK
I have used the rigid mask with the one way valve in them and it worked well. Yet, I have also down CPR without any mask because I didn't have one on me at the time. You would of thought I would of learned a little quicker, but it wasn't until the third time I was doing mouth to mouth on a lady that regurgitated in my mouth that I finally made sure that I started carrying one on me.

I started carrying one on my keychain and since then hadn't been caught without a mask. Here is the latest one I have on my keychain.

https://smile.amazon.com/Keychain-Emerge...2Bcpr&th=1
Yep, I think that's the same as the 6-pack I got. Inexpensive to be sure.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
"doing mouth to mouth on a lady that regurgitated"

Still can't eat Chicken Cacciatore to this day due to this....  right after got a valve mask too
I need to add vent seals to the FAK.  They can be made on the fly if necessary with something non-porous and pliable like a credit card/I.D. card and some duct tape.  Easy and inexpensive enough to just buy though.  Need at least two for entry/exit wound(s).

My nephew is now an EMT working for Sunstar (ambulance service in his county).  He's coming over today as we have some errands together.  I'm going to sit down with him and review the contents of my IFAK in my EDC sling bag and get his opinion on stuff I should have/stuff I don't need.  I'll pass along any thing that may be of interest.

Get him to join the site?.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
(01-30-2019, 01:51 PM)David Wrote: My nephew is now an EMT working for Sunstar (ambulance service in his county).  He's coming over today as we have some errands together.  I'm going to sit down with him and review the contents of my IFAK in my EDC sling bag and get his opinion on stuff I should have/stuff I don't need.  I'll pass along any thing that may be of interest.

The most important part, is do you have the knowledge to use what you have? 

I always love the guys that will pull out this huge trauma bag with everything including the kitchen sink in it. Yet, they have never had an ounce of medical training. I pulled out a chest decompression needle from one guy's kit and asked him if he knew what it was for? He took it from me and said yes, see it says right here for chest decompression. I said ok smart guy, how do you use it? His response was you just shove it into the chest. I asked where do you shove it in the chest? What are the different locations for a pneumothorax verses a hemothorax injury and how do you treat them? He just gave me a blank stare. 

Having the knowledge to treat the injury is more important than having all the right tools. The right tools makes it a lot easier, but the knowledge can make the difference between life and death.