40%
50%
60%
70%
80%
90%
100%
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level of preparedness - 30 days
The quick plan here is the tub blatters as additional water to what's stored, they're cheap ( like auqapodkit or waterbob ) but really good for one time use. Great if you have a spare tub
Rain water I can divert from the gutter downspouts too. (but not left set up )
(09-04-2016, 01:46 PM)Sauced08 Wrote:
(09-04-2016, 11:58 AM)David Wrote:
(09-03-2016, 09:12 PM)Sauced08 Wrote: I'm gonna say 90%. My weakness right now is water. We have a lake down the road and a creek behind the house plus stored water. Season determines water usage here in the southeast. Food etc we're good to go.

What is the weakness?  Sounds like you have ample water sources close to or at home.
In my last house i had 6 300 gallon totes which collected rain water. The house was off by itself so having all those totes out back was no big deal. Our current house is in a nice neighborhood so I didn't want to " bubba" up the back yard. I'm working on a solution. The reason I consider the water to be my weakness is collection. The creek is in my back yard but going down the road to collect water could expose me to hostilities depending on the reason for hunkering down.

Ah, gotcha.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I wanted to check 100% but I'll give Mr. Murphy some due respect and experience has taught me that things play out differently than I expect. Best to be as flexible as possible.

Earthquake is our most likely natural disaster. Fuel is probably the first limitation. We rely on electricity to pump water from our wells and refrigeration. I have enough for that assuming I don't need it to run tools for repairs, rescue or transport.

Water will factor big in our area as few store enough to last them for any length of time. The same is probably true of food.
One thing you ALWAYS have to remember - it won't be just YOU getting water (or whatever in most situations.

How many others will rely on, or potentially use, or ruin your water source.

This is like what I say about the "I'll hunt in the woods" fantasy. That's nice if it is just you. That said - been hunting in modern times? Not as easy as was back in the day, is it? Now…put say 500 people with the same attitude in a few hundred acre space. There won't be a deer for a hundred miles.
(09-12-2016, 02:33 AM)Bob Wrote: One thing you ALWAYS have to remember - it won't be just YOU getting water (or whatever in most situations.

How many others will rely on, or potentially use, or ruin your water source.

Valid consideration.  Initially you'll have everyone and his brother out getting water somewhere if it isn't coming out of the tap. Do they have the means/experience/intelligence to make it safe?  Some yes, some no.  Which means you'll have a bunch of folks hit with water borne pathogen illness within a week of drinking questionable water.  That will lead to dehydration and eventually death not to mention panic.  Some will figure out to boil the water...granted they have a way to boil it.  Not counting the people crapping or floating around dead in various water sources.

Time to break out the Berkey!

Quote:This is like what I say about the "I'll hunt in the woods" fantasy. That's nice if it is just you. That said - been hunting in modern times? Not as easy as was back in the day, is it? Now…put say 500 people with the same attitude in a few hundred acre space. There won't be a deer for a hundred miles.

Another valid consideration.  And I agree.  Most folks don't know how to hunt.  And the ones that don't probably don't have suitable hunting firearms anyway.  If we're talking longer term then it will balance itself back to normal because the population will have been reduced.  For a 30 day scenario like we're discussing in this thread, hunting is going to be a non-starter.  Maybe squirrel and other small game, but yeah, that mule deer isn't likely.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Financial Preparedness / Next Recession Bob 3 179 08-26-2019, 01:10 PM
Last Post: mac66
Question Your advice to someone new to emergency preparedness and/or self reliance David 35 24,339 07-16-2019, 10:03 AM
Last Post: bmyers
Question Level of preparedness - 72hr David 19 10,073 09-11-2017, 09:44 PM
Last Post: JRSC
Question Level of preparation - 90 days David 10 4,289 09-08-2017, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Bob
  Level of preparedness - SHTF/WROL/TEOTWAWTI David 13 7,184 09-08-2017, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Tom Mac
  And we are again 60 days out from Hurricane Season... Bob 38 12,540 09-07-2017, 01:49 AM
  TaxFree Prepper Days! Bob 0 1,032 06-03-2017, 01:05 AM
  Wild Fires and Preparedness Bob 7 3,092 05-02-2017, 02:22 AM
  Survival and Preparedness 2016 JRSC 4 3,171 01-06-2016, 05:16 AM
  Preparedness and Thanksgiving. Bob 5 2,977 11-28-2015, 12:51 AM