Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOV truck or other, whatcha got?
We have the mid 90s Jeep Cherokee 4x4 and an inclosed trailer, anybody got any good ideas on making this better or how is yours set up if you have to go?

This is currently my only picture as I don't know how to load pics to this new computer yet:

[Image: SAM_0866_zpspq5ugtan.jpg]
Oop there it is, ain't she a beauty... Every time I drive it I wonder why I've never had one of these before.

[Image: SAM_0892_zpsiy8c1hgg.jpg]

When my back feels better it will get this pile of goodies added to it:

[Image: SAM_0898_zpss4igf2mj.jpg]
From a pile to progress:
A friend of mine has a car lift at his house, we installed the 3" lift in about a day and a half. This was the first time we had done this so that's why it took so long. A BIG FAT Thanx to my friend Robert.
This was fun, the first time I stepped out of the jeep I almost fell to the ground as the total lift with tires is about 5" more off the ground. 

This makes me smile...

[Image: 1213151405_zpsnojahaji.jpg]

[Image: 0205161810_zps5xsielsy.jpg]

[Image: 0205161811a_zpsdl93auyb.jpg]

I still have some work to do like the narley front bumper, the aluminum radiator and the differential locker for the rear end. Now I need to find a mud hole to make it look right...  Big Grin
The other truck:

http://vid921.photobucket.com/albums/ad5...ligqaj.mp4
I don't need a bov. I won't be bugging out.
Gene, the 90's Jeep Cherokee 4x4's are great vehicles. My next door neighbor keeps one as his daily driver and has another one as a project vehicle. It will get much better gas mileage than that deuce and a half.
The Jeeps are shurley cool Tony, the M35a2 only gets from 6 to 8 mpg but carries enough fuel to take it 300 miles, which is a little farther than the Cherokee. The M35s motor is a multi fuel, it will run on used motor oil, automatic trans fluid, gasoline, kerosine,,,, just about anything in liquid form that burns...
The 6x6 M35 can carry a lot of preps and peeps, is heavy enough and powerful enough to make it's own path so I wouldn't discount it as viable means of transportation in case of an event. And did I mention that it's pretty EMP resistant= almost no electronics and what's there is 24 volts.

But meanwhile, it's just a freakin blast to drive... It smokes, it stinks, it vibrates,.. the wife hates it = Best truck EveR!
(04-12-2016, 05:09 AM)Gene Wrote: The Jeeps are shurley cool Tony, the M35a2 only gets from 6 to 8 mpg but carries enough fuel to take it 300 miles, which is a little farther than the Cherokee. The M35s motor is a multi fuel, it will run on used motor oil, automatic trans fluid, gasoline, kerosine,,,, just about anything in liquid form that burns...
The 6x6 M35 can carry a lot of preps and peeps, is heavy enough and powerful enough to make it's own path so I wouldn't discount it as viable means of transportation in case of an event. And did I mention that it's pretty EMP resistant= almost no electronics and what there is 24 volts.

But meanwhile, it's just a freakin blast to drive... It smokes, it stinks, it vibrates,.. the wife hates it = Best truck EveR!

I have spent way too many hours behind the wheel of a deuce with their mucked up shifting pattern. There is a accelerator petal limiter bolt you need to remove to allow full travel of the accelerator rod by pressing the fuel pedal all the way down. There is also a governor on the fuel pump that is rev limited. With those limiters out of the way a deuce with a two ton load in a canvas covered bed can do a little over 80 mph. It took me about half an hour to talk my way out of a ticket from a Hillsborough deputy sheriff back in the mid 80's. He ended up following me to the gate at McDill.

It is an amazing vehicle.
Photo 
[Image: 1005160902_zpsxoqigxub.jpg]

[Image: 1005161827_zpspatun26j.jpg]

Finally got around to installing this bumper in between rain storms= I like it. Next I'll get the snorkel and maybe some of those rock sliders for the sides. I like this vehicle.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Ultimate prepper truck David 5 395 12-09-2017, 03:21 PM
Last Post: bdcochran