Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The survival gurus
Big Grin 
Every so often when I get bored I'll peruse the various FB pages for these guys.  Normally I'm not a FB guy at all, but sometimes the entertainment value when you're bored is pretty high.  Let's see...

Les Stroud was in a bad car crash in Mongolia.  I guess the car flipped several times.  He's recovering but was down for about a month.  At some point he's got more Survivorman and Suvivorman and Son shows coming out.  I'll look forward to that.  He respects Ray Mears but calls Cody Lundin a diva.  I'm not sure why he's down on Cody since Cody, like Les, lives off the grid 24/7.  Maybe because he did Dual Survival, which Les doesn't respect as legit.  And it doesn't seem Les would piss on Bear Grylls if Bear was on fire.  Basically Les calls out anything Bear does, and says Naked and Afraid, Alone, Dual Survival and basically everything else is staged.

Found out Mykel Hawke has a lifetime restraining order against Joe Teti (no surprise there really).  And Mykle had the ideas for Naked and Afraid, MMW, and a couple of other shows but not Dual Survival.  He and Cody seem to have a good relationship and with Dave Canterbury as well.  I like Mykel and respect his skills and would like to see more shows from him and his wife Ruth (who also has a good skill set).

Cody called out President Obama in an open letter due to BHO doing a show with Bear Grylls.  I like Cody and would like to see more from him.

Dave Canterbury's got the new show coming out on the 15th of this month and it looks to be entertaining.  I really like Dave and like his extensive skill sets.  Look forward to the show. 

Sometimes some of this seems like a soap opera Big Grin
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
I'd love to see all the survival greats make an ultimate show.

I'm excited to see another Alone season. Other than some YT channels I believe it was The best survival show I've seen in a while. Basically because you get to see things that they don't show or really train you for on other survival shows. You get to see the mental aspect.

I'm very interested in Daves new show. I wish more survival shows were on... I really miss my Tuesday night Pathfinder Outdoor Journal shows.

I'd like to see ole Cody again. Cody is a born teacher. I can learn by watching him. I like Les Stroud. But hardly ever see his shows anymore. And I guess if BHO had to be on a survival show Bear Grylls would be his man. From what I understand they're both kinda sorta like minded, a little fake, taking big unsafe measures... Joe and BHO would be interesting lol. Anyhoo, I keep my eyes open for Creek Stewart's show every now and then.
Everyone has an ego, some don't play well with others. '08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
(09-06-2015, 01:46 AM)JRSC Wrote: I'd love to see all the survival greats make an ultimate show.

I don't think you could get some of them in the same room, much less the same show Big Grin

My idea is to have a show where there is a specific scenario in a specific place.  For example, your car breaks down in the middle of nowhere.  Then each week you have a different expert deal with the scenario.  So one week Cody takes on the scenario.  Next week Dave takes on the same situation and so forth.  That way you would get to see how each specifically deals with the situation and what their priorities are and how they cope with whatever issues come up.  That would be a great way to see how they compare and how they differ from each other.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Team up Mykel with Dave, Matt with Cody and Les with Creek. In a Dual Survival type scenario.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dual Survival JRSC 18 3,182 03-08-2018, 03:13 AM
Last Post: JRSC
  Survival memes David 14 5,093 02-01-2017, 06:00 PM
Last Post: David
  Dirty Rotten Survival David 20 4,449 11-19-2016, 02:18 AM
  Survival/Post Apocalyptic books Cougar90 3 1,065 11-19-2016, 01:59 AM
  When survival shows go wrong. JRSC 19 2,518 06-24-2016, 09:11 PM
Last Post: JRSC
Thumbs Up When survival shows go right David 7 1,774 04-16-2016, 05:23 PM
Last Post: ric0123
  Dual Survival Cancelled David 20 7,699 01-06-2016, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Dr. Dickie
  What's The Grossest/Worst Thing You've Seen On A Survival Show? JRSC 12 4,891 09-11-2015, 12:24 PM
Last Post: ghost
Video Ray Mears' World Of Survival David 1 1,256 07-11-2015, 03:18 PM