Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glow in the dark Duck tape
Quote:Picked up a roll of this at Joann's Fabrics. Comes in a 10ft length for $8.99 and I used a 50% coupon. I've begun to use it to wrap some of my flashlight handles. I have, for example, a Maglite XL50 as my night stand flashlight. I wrapped the handle with a single pass of this tape. It charges before bed from the night stand lamp and I can see it all night. It does dim as the night goes on, but during the night it is easily identified when you have your night vision which is my primary goal. Don't want to fumble around at night looking for my flashlight. Figure if I need it, I might need it quickly.

We'll see how long it lasts.

Made the above post on the old SEP board back in January of this year.  It's nine months later and it's still going strong.  Charge the tape on my Maglite XL50 every night and can still see it clearly even 9 hours later.  I've wrapped part of the handles on several flashlights since then and still have plenty left on the roll.   Pretty decent, and inexpensive prep item.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
At the upcoming SEP gathering I'm going to see if this glow-in-the-dark duct tape can be used as a fire-starter like regular duct tape.  If so, it will be even more multi-functional. 

Ten months and still working.  It may not be quite as bright or hold the 'charge' quite as long but still quite useful.  I've been charging the same few inches on my nightstand flashlight over and over so that's pretty good imo.

Close to 11 months now on the same small strip of tape on the flashlight.  It can still be charged but doesn't hold the charge quite as long now.  Still plainly visible for hours but doesn't quite make it till the morning like it did previously.  Time for a fresh strip of tape. 

I would put this down as a success in that a small strip lasted a good part of a year.  That's a pretty decent amount of time for such a small and inexpensive prep item.  What I may do is take that strip off but keep it to compare against a new strip for a little side-by-side comparison.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 Survival Uses for Duct Tape David 1 477 07-26-2018, 01:25 AM
Last Post: JRSC