Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Thumbs Up 
Augusta, GA

Orville Smith, a store manager for Best Buy in Augusta, Georgia, told police he observed a male customer, later identified as Tyrone Jackson of Augusta, on surveillance cameras putting a laptop computer under his jacket. When confronted the man became irate, knocked down an employee, drew a knife and ran for the door.

Outside on the sidewalk were four Marines collecting toys for the "Toys for Tots" program. Smith said the Marines stopped the man, but he stabbed one of the Marines, Cpl. Phillip Duggan, in the back, the injury did not appear to be severe.

After Police and an ambulance arrived at the scene Cpl. Duggan was transported for treatment.

The subject was also transported to the local hospital with two broken arms, a broken ankle, a broken leg, several missing teeth, possible broken ribs, multiple contusions, assorted lacerations, a broken nose and a broken jaw...injuries he sustained when he slipped  and fell off of the curb after stabbing the Marine.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Good stuff! Bet he won't fall off anymore curbs.
The marines are great. I guess it has been about 15 to 18 years ago, we responded to a mutual aid call from St. Charles County EMS for a vehicle accident. Arrived on scene and found a van down in a raven about 30 feet or so. I got down to it and the guy was having chest pain, had head trauma, and of course was pushing 300+lbs.

I'm trying to figure out how my partner and I are going to get this guy out of the van and up the raven, when a Marine sergeant appeared out of nowhere and asked if we needed help. I said yes, we got get this guy up to the road and I have a helicopter coming to take him to a trauma center. He said he would be right back.

A minute later six big marines were standing right next to me and the sergeant said tell them what to do. We slid the guy out on the back board, strapped him down, and I said we need him up there (I pointed to the top of the raven where the road was. The sergeant started barking orders, those marines lifted the guy up on their shoulders and marched right up the raven. I scrambled my way out of the raven and started stabilizing the guy and prepping him for the helicopter. I looked around to thank the Marines, but they had all headed back to a van and was driving away. All I got to do was give them a wave.

I learned a whole new appreciation for the military that day.
The marines did not beat him up.  They only used enough force to restrain him until the police arrived.  The 39 year career criminal was denied bail by the judge.

Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)