Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunting Season
The enemy is prepared...are you?

[Image: gun3zg2.jpg]
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
NUTS!
I went quail hunting in White Co GA this afternoon. A friend that has a setter that is well trained invited me up to his property and the dog made for an easy hunt. I got 8 and and my buddy got 9.

The old Stevens double barrel seems to be getting a bit heavier but it did a fine job today. I have two of the birds laid out in the fridge for breakfast tomorrow morning and the rest already in the freezer.
So far, I haven't went much. Went deer hunting once. Saw nothing. Took my cuz squirrel hunting and have somehow came up with nothing. They're tough sons of guns. I've shot 2 and they've ran off. I never could find them. My cousin has too. I really hate it but it happens.
I have been deer hunting twice this year. I saw some turkeys on the first hunt. Nothing on the second.
Well, my deer season was a complete failure. Only got to go twice and seen and heard nothing. My cousin got a nice size squirrel last Friday. I'm having better luck in my trapping.
It's getting close! I've made my mind to get in the woods as much as possible to make up for last year.
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
Man I'm chopping at the bit to get back out there with the .308!  Deer season isn't until later in the year but hog season is year around.  I'll see if I can get my buddies to go soon  Smile
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Supposedly, there's a lot of hogs around here. Haven't seen any personally and have seen some questionable signs. But wouldn't hurt my feelings if I did see one.
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.
Squirrel season starts here in Ohio tomorrow! Excited for the season! Sighted in my .22 pellet rifle yesterday morning for 20 yards (covers my backyard)... And both of my .22lr's are all set for the farm! Tomorrow morning will be spent at the farm for it!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hunting tips David 13 2,278 02-07-2018, 09:30 PM
Last Post: mac66
  Primative hunting weapon ghost 3 960 08-25-2017, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Bob
  Good luck hunting mac66 4 1,150 11-20-2016, 02:49 PM
Last Post: mac66
  Survival hunting w/handgun caliber David 17 6,631 09-12-2016, 12:55 PM
Last Post: David
  Hunting shotguns/rifles and gear thread David 7 1,802 08-20-2016, 12:05 PM
  camping/hiking/cooking/prepping/hunting trip experience ric0123 7 1,812 04-25-2016, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Tom Mac
Question Hunting specific FAK David 11 4,016 02-04-2016, 02:14 AM
  Favorite Hunting Shows JRSC 5 1,651 11-28-2015, 05:22 PM
Last Post: JRSC