Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A moment of silence is just that.
Isn't it about time we humbled ourselves and cried out to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? Is it Guns? Is it Drugs? Is it Racism? Is it Mental Health? Really? A moment of silence? Are you kidding me? I am the worst in need of humbleness and crying out to God.
Will you couldn't be more correct. We blame politicians, police, terrorists, mobs, drugs, drug trafficking, alcohol, cigarettes and everything else under the sun. But the real problem is us. The Lord told us plainly how to keep ourselves and our country humble before Him and He'd take care of the rest.

“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭7:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/2ch.7.14.kjv

“I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭2:1-5‬ ‭KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/1ti.2.1-5.kjv
Even the Apostle Paul went through experiences that humbled him.

For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.  I Corinthians 15:9

Here Paul was the 'least' of the apostles and didn't even feel worthy to be called an Apostle.

Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;  Ephesians 3:8

Now Paul doesn't even consider himself an Apostle, but rather the bottom of the barrel of all believers.

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.  
I Timothy 1:15

Now he has humbled himself to the point that he's now the worst sinner.  Quite a progression in humility.  And we all need that.  Our time in this world will soon be passing.  What can we do with the short amount of time left to make a difference in someone else's life and bring them to repentance and salvation?  Can we make a call?  Leave a tract?  Say a prayer?

Are our leaders pursuing evil intentions?  Yes.  Are they the true enemy?  No.  They've been deceived by the real enemy.  Early in my career I looked at the 'bad guys' as scumbags.  And 'I' was miserable at work.  What needed to change was ME.  While reading the Word one day it hit me that they were souls, just like me.  Since that time I look at them as souls and not scumbags and I've been happy and content with my career and occasionally I reach one.  Job satisfaction.  Don't get me wrong, I'm no bleeding-heart and can be tough as nails when it's time.  Same with our leaders...same with BHO.  Do I agree with pretty much anything he's done?  No.  Do I think he's been appointed by God to punish this wicked nation?  Yes.  He's there by God's design so therefore I am to respect and understand the Lord's plan (to the best of my ability).  Doesn't mean I like what the man is doing but it does mean I need to pray for the man and his family and hope he humbles himself, comes to repentance and salvation.  Would it make a difference if a few million Christians were praying for the man daily?  Well, at least I would have done MY duty.

Just some thoughts to toss into the thread.   
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.”
‭‭Hosea‬ ‭4:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/hos.4.6.

I believe this one sentence alone is where we stand in America. There's times I'm at a loss for words at the lack of wisdom, knowledge and understanding of Gods Word among pastors, decons and even Sunday school teachers. When people start bashing the church and Christians to an extent I think of this verse. And it's not that the KJV Bible cannot be understood, it's that man no longer wants to know Gods Word and have an actual personal relationship with Jesus. Part of the great falling away:

“Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;”
‭‭2 Thessalonians‬ ‭2:3‬ ‭KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/2th.2.3.kjv
Thumbs Up 
I thank God everyday,well I try.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
"Silence is Consent" so every time there's a "moment of silence" we basically pay homage to the problem.
In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.