Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What is a BOB, GHB or EDC? What goes in one? And why the heck would I want one anyway
Had to get into the bag over the weekend. Was at an IDPA match and one of the shooters was having some issues. I have Pepto, in pill form, in my bag which was just what he needed.
Tell ya what, sometimes I think 'do I really want to lug this sling bag around today?' but then you find it come in handy and you realize why you bring it with you.  Not that it's really that big of a chore to 'haul' it around because it's really not that big or heavy.  And actually I see more and more guys have some sort of sling bag or messenger back or backpack these days so it's kinda become the fashion.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Brad, do you ever utilize the CCW compartment on your sling bag?  I haven't actually tried sliding the G43 into yet to see how it would fit but I do have a universal hook & loop holster that would work well with it.  Or if it does fit, carry it without a round chambered if I don't want to use the holster.  Perhaps not for just 'around town' travel but out of town travel for sure would be a good idea.

I have not. I actually have a bunch of wipes stuffed in there. It seems like we always need wipes, so I filled it with extra of those.
(07-01-2018, 10:36 AM)bmyers Wrote: I have not. I actually have a bunch of wipes stuffed in there. It seems like we always need wipes, so I filled it with extra of those.

You saying that reminds me that I've forgotten to put those little toilet paper tablets in my EDC sling bag!  Thanks for the reminder.

I'm going to test that pocket out with the G43 a bit to see how practical it is.  I'm taking a trip to Ft. Lauderdale in a couple of weeks with my son and his friend, about a 5 hour trip.  May pack it along to see if any issues pop up.  Which I wouldn't think so since that's what it was designed for in the first place.  As long as it fits down in and isn't visible.  If not, there is always that inside pocket that has hook-n-loop.

https://www.selfrelianceoutfitters.com/b...vivability

This is for the newbies. A basic idea of things to have. Can be as "budget friendly" or as high end as you'd like it to be.
History is not dead to the man who would learn how the present came to be what it is.

In The Age Of Information, Ignorance Is A Choice.