Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spares.
Does anyone keep milsurp combloc weapons to hand out,ie someones "" broke and no parts available.We keep m44s czs nef single 12ga we have 4 sets of these rtg.With all the support gear to go with them.

m44s- slings c/kits and 2 tuna cans of ammo.

czs- milsurp holsters c/kits 8 mags and a 1000rnds of 7.62x25.

nefs- 18.5 w/sling c/kits a attached 5 shot carrier on the stock and 4 spare f/pins per unit.The pins sometimes break when they hit a hard primer. 50 slug-50 double 00 buck and a 100 various hunting rounds.

We figure we got around $400 in each setup so it's not a lot of money but it is money we may never see if loaned/bartered out.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Quantity has a quality all of its own.
I don't have anything really as far as firearms or related equipment to pass out.  But I do have spare items like flashlights, mag bars, space blankets and items of that nature. 

As far as firearms go, I tell everyone I know that they should have at least one, and know how to use it.  I'm nice, but blunt and my opinion is that a person without a firearm is a victim-in-waiting.  Really don't know what other way to put it.  It is a personal choice and unfortunately many people either live in the wrong part of the country (read: a liberal place that tries to make it impossible to defend yourself) or they get the wrong information (read:  10 million people are killed every second with a firearm) or they just have never grown up around them.

Take a look down in the Pub area of the board for a video I put in there where a father is buying is son his first rifle.  Interesting how many people support the idea, which is a good thing.  Wonder how that would fly in other places?  But as far as a responsible person buying and training with their own firearm...it's on them to make the responsible decision to protect themselves and their family.  I will of course do what I can, but only so much can be done without compromising your own family.
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
We have "care" packages we give out,tylenol/immodium/natural supplements.We include a mini mag lite 4 aa's,just simple stuff if the use and see how helpful they are and cheap to buy.

There are things we don't loan,our breakdown 10/22s ARs FNs or our quality pistols,we try to be generous but we're not stupid.'08.
If you look like food,you will be eaten.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Quantity has a quality all of its own.
A couple of 91/30s and a couple of spam cans, a couple of single shot- shot guns and some 100 round cases of bird shot to lend, but no sidearms, I won't lend any sidearms= all of ours are mid to higher end pieces that I worked hard to collect.

My fear though, is all it would take would be one bullet from one of my guns loaned out for a neighbor to upgrade to one or all of my finer guns and resources.

We also have some emergency food buckets, emergency medical kits and cheap flashlights to pass to our immediate neighbors.
Yeah, the U.S. seems to have a policy of loaning/giving/selling weapons that often end up being used against us.  I don't want to follow suit. 

What does it take for an American who has the freedom and right to bear arms...to actually do so?  Let's see, even a casual glance at the news demonstrates:
  • We still have the 'usual' types of crimes i.e. home invasions, car jacking, muggings, burglary, rape, assault etc.
  • We have the scum-bag gang bangers that just want to hurt people.
  • We have an increased pattern of mentally ill (or I say demon possessed) that like to shoot up people at malls, theaters or other public gatherings.
  • We now have to be concerned with lone-wolf attacks from either wanna-be terrorists or sleeper cells.
  • Influx of illegal criminal aliens.
Any of that getting better?  Any of that happening less often than before?  What does it take to wake a person up and make them realize that they are their own first line of defense against bad people doing bad things?  Too many people want to rely on someone else taking care of them.  I agree with the guy on the 'Sensible Prepper' YT channel when he says if you're not man or woman enough to take care of yourself and your family....

High Point Pistols can be had for under $200.00. Go ahead and laugh and it is funny. A friend of mine had one that was so ugly it would care a freight train off a track and down a gravel road but it went bang every time.
(08-25-2015, 01:47 AM)Will Beararms Wrote: High Point Pistols can be had for under $200.00. Go ahead and laugh and it is funny. A friend of mine had one that was so ugly it would care a freight train off a track and down a gravel road but it went bang every time.

Take look at the 'Defense' section in a thread where I've we've been talking about rifles.  I just purchased two Hi-Point Carbines, the 995TS and 4095TS.  In the first range session with them last week I was very impressed.  Went bang every time, was very accurate and the recoil was next to nothing.  I was very impressed with them both.

(08-25-2015, 01:47 AM)Will Beararms Wrote: High Point Pistols can be had for under $200.00. Go ahead and laugh and it is funny. A friend of mine had one that was so ugly it would care a freight train off a track and down a gravel road but it went bang every time.

Just found out my niece carries a HP .380 and it seems to function just fine for her.  And that's the real key for a firearm.  Doesn't matter if it's sleek and sexy or tacticool, only matters if it goes bang every time the triggers pulled.

Couple of weeks ago I went hunting.  Afterwards we set up an inprompto range and broke out the toys.  One of my buddies had an AR in 300 blackout but it wasn't cycling properly with any magazine.  About every other round was a FTF.  Yet my HP 9mm carbine (995TS) went bang every time regardless of the type of ammo I ran through it (Perfecta, Tula, Win, Rem etc).

I think ideally one would have a semi auto rifle, half a dozen mags, a service type pistol with mags/reloads, cleaning/maintenance stuff, web gear (holsters, mag pouches, belts, slings etc) and emergency stuff (IFAK, personal survival stuff) for each member of the family. The more uniform or consistence the equipment, the better.

On the other hand, anything is better than nothing. I always thought the ideal neighborhood watch/security rifle was an SKS. Back in the day you buy an SKS and a case of ammo for well under $200. It came with it's own cleaning kit in the stock. They were durable and reliable. There were no detachable mags to deal with. 10 shot semi auto that was simple to use and efficient to load with stripper clips. It had a folding pig sticker on the end. Maybe not Tier 1 stuff but a helluva lot better than any lever action, bolt, pump or single shot. I confess that around Y2K I had a dozen of those each with 200 rounds in strippers/bandoleers ready to pass out to friends and neighbors. I got rid of most of them though I still have several to play with. The immediate family were issued AKs which I've since replaced with ARs. (though I still have some of the AKs).
I do not generally support the holding of additional weapons for the purpose of arming the general population.

Odds are if you know how to work a gun, you have one. If you don't know - SHTF is not the time to learn.

I also would general have two weapons on me - so I COULD hand one over if needed. But again - way not for this.