Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good gun deals
First deal was a S&W Bodyguard in FDE with the laser and five mags.  One mag has an extended pinky extension and one has the big extension allowing for 10-rounds.  $350.

Second deal was for two pistols.  One was a Sig P365 two-tone (silver slide over black frame).  Two 10-round mags.  It's a red label the gentleman bought from Bass Pro so I'm assuming that means it's been back to Sig and refurbished with all the newest parts.  Looks spotless like it hasn't been fired.  Second pistol in this deal was a Gen 5 Glock 19 with three mags.  The frame is beveled with the slide.  Doesn't look like it's been fired either.  $700 for both!  He tossed in 50 rounds of FMJ and 50 rounds of HP's.

Wife liked the S&W Bodyguard and I intended that it would be for her.  She likes the 'idea' of my LCP i.e. the size and weight but she is recoil sensitive and it really bothers her hand to shoot it, even with the Hogue Handal.  This BG is a bit bigger and slightly heavier but with the pinky extension gives her a full purchase on the grip so I figure it will be overall better for her. 

I bought the Sig for my son since he was wanting something smaller that the Shield.  Since this one looks to have been back to Sig (red label on the outside of the box) and being sold at Bass Pro just a couple of weeks ago I figure it 'should' have all the upgrades.  I'll shoot Sig an email with the serial number and verify.  For basically $350 I couldn't pass it up.  Seller paid $499 for it a couple of weeks ago.

Glock is for me.  I had a G19.5 couple of years ago but never got around to shooting it.  Been wanting one off and on and again, for basically $350 I couldn't pass it up.  Seller also bought it a BP a couple of weeks ago for $599 which to me is too much for a stock Glock. 

Said he had a lot of gift cards and such so it was basically 'free' money to him which is why he didn't care about the hit he took.  Looking for something else I suppose, didn't ask. 

Pretty much the only thing I'll need to do is paint the front sight on the BG for easier visibility and put some night sights on the Glock.

[Image: 49007595942_6e1309e659_z.jpg]

[Image: 49007595982_95216a463b_z.jpg]

[Image: 49007381971_40cab0cfb0_z.jpg]
Governmental dependance makes for poor self reliance.

"What could possibly go wrong with a duct tape boat?"  Cody Lundin

The best defense against evil men are good men with violent skill sets.
Some nice new toys.
Just got off the phone with Sig. Turns out that it isn't a red label at all, it was brand new. The Red label on it was actually a Bass Pro label and not Sig. So it's a brand new, unfired 365 with a born date of June 19. So that makes the deal even sweeter.

Are you good or lucky or both.  Nice deal.

Couple of gun shows ago I traded a Buckmark w/6 mags for a Remington 742/308 w/ 2 mags. Even up.

Real happy with that deal.

Have a T/C G2 w/ 3 barrels for trade.   Who's interested?
I've gotten some very good deals on AL over the years...

Quote:Okay, so a couple of years ago I bought a High Point 4095 .40S&W carbine for $267 new plus tax ($285 total). Last year I traded even it for a Mossberg 500 with all wooden furniture and the guy threw in an ATI folding stock. The cheapest I'm finding that stock is like $70 by itself so I put it on one of my other Mossy 500's, the one I keep in the car. So I'm subtracting the price of the stock from the original $ output, so I now have $215 into the deal. Then I traded the above Mossy 500 with the wood furniture for a S&W 6904 + $50 so I had about $265 into that 9mm. Then I traded the 9mm even for the P250 .45acp so that put me at about $265 into that Sig!

Bought night sights with the Amazon credit I had build up only ended up paying like $35 total. So let's say I've got $300 into the Sig now.

The deal came with a 9mm grip module. Don't know why he had it but he threw it into the deal. Those grip modules are $35 and up plus shipping. Without splitting hairs, I sold it on AL and bought an FDE for the .45 so let's call that an even split. So I've still got $300 into the Sig.

It came with two mags but I wanted to get a couple/few more. So I looked around and finally found a guy on Ebay that was selling them for $18 each plus $5 shipping. Well, $23 is a really good deal because these sell for $31 and upwards not counting the shipping, which for some places is ridiculously high. So I bought the two he had so it was $36 plus $10 for shipping. I msg him and asked if he'd combine shipping and he said he would or he had a third mag if I wanted to add another $11. I did so that's three mags for $57! So now I've got $357 into the Sig total for the gun, two grip modules, night sights and five mags.

Traded that for a new, unfired HK VP9 with night sights and three mags. And finally, traded the HK for a like-new Glock 22.4 with new TFO night sights, 9mm conversion barrel and multiple mags for both .40 and 9mm. The 9mm conversion barrel was almost as much, by itself, as the original HP 4095TS. I checked it out and the lowest I saw it was $225.

So basically I have $357 into a G22.4 with all the goodies listed above. Just through a series of horse-trading on AL. Had a lot of fun, shot a bunch of different pistols and meet some nice folks along the way.

I ordered a set of Ameriglo Pro i-dot night sights for the G19.5.  Should be here by Saturday.  Also finally broke down and ordered a Glock front sight tool.  An aftermarket one with a magnetic tip.

Well, my son and I went to the range this morning to shoot the three pistols in the OP. He really liked the 365 I gave him. And he did well with it. I even ran him through a qualification course. I had to modify it a bit since the range doesn't allow non-LEO to draw from the holster but the core of the shooting was the same. He shot a 90%. Also got a chance to use the 15-round mag again. No issues with anything. Glad he likes his new pistol.

The Bodyguard shot without issue will all five mags using four different types of ammo (three different hollowpoints and one fmj). I sighted in the laser at about 10 yards. Typical across-the-room-to-the-front-door distance. Did very well. She'll have to practice with that trigger of course but I believe she'll do just fine. I'll have to take a paint pen to the front sight though. The black front just doesn't contrast with the black rear. A little white or neon red/orange will do the trick. Did wonders on my LCP (red for me).

The G19.5 was of course a shooter. Head shots at 25 yards was easy, even without my prescription glasses. Tore the center out of the target at 15 yards and did a lot of point shooting with it. Nice to have a G19 again. Looking forward to getting the Ameriglo Pro i-dot night sights on it.

No issues with any of the pistols so I was very happy all the way around. Smile

Ordered a Glock front sight tool with magnetic tip from Amazon. It arrived this morning. Now to wait for the Ameriglo Pro i-dot sights. Suppose to be here by Saturday, kinda hoping they come in tomorrow afternoon.

One thing I noticed, or rather didn't notice, was the half-moon cut out on the front of the mag well on the G19. I had a small concern that it would cause an issue on my pinky while firing. Turned out to be a non-issue. Very happy about that. I put this on GT and I'd like to include it here as well:

Quote:Just got back into the G19 after several years of only having the full size (G22.4), sub-compacts (G26.4) and a couple of single stacks (G42/43). My ultimate reason for getting away from the G19 size was the finger grooves just didn't fit my hand very well despite really liking the platform. I had both a G19.2 and G19.3 but traded them off perhaps 4-5 years ago.

I got a G19.5 a couple of years ago but quickly sold it off before firing it because I was offered a boatload of cash from someone that just had to have it. I just purchased on new from a private seller last weekend:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/got-so...l.1794110/

Long story short, I bought a brand new G19.5 and brand new Sig P365 for $700 total. It was a deal I couldn't pass up. Went to the range a couple of days ago and remembered why I liked the G19 so much. And now that the finger grooves are gone it's taken it to a whole new level. First, I was concerned the half-moon cut out would bother my while shooting. One of the Deputies on my shift had a G19.5 and it did tend to bother him somewhat. However, I forgot it had a cut out to be honest. No issues with that so plus. Secondly, I like the texturing. Very positive purchase on the pistol even through rapid fire drills. Third, I'm one of the folks that like the beaver tail back straps so that was another plus. Fourth, accuracy and control was excellent. Fifth, the mag well bevel seems to come out just enough to 'cup' my hand while griping which also aids in a solid purchase. Just seems to fit hand-in-glove.

So overall just really impressed with the improvements and changes and happy to be back into a G19 again. Don't know if it's still the most popular Glocks but if not I'm sure it's right at the top. For good reason. To be honest, even though I'm carrying the P365 off-duty now I'd be tempted to go back to the G19 like I did in years past.

My son says never to get rid of anything (because he stands to inherit my guns) but I recently got rid of a few guns and was thinking about getting rid of others.

I put my old Keltec P11 up for sale which I bought used about 20 years ago. I EDC carried it for a long time before I got my Ruger LC9. It had 5 mags with it and had been fluffed and buffed. I paid $200 for it and that's what I sold it for. It was the first double stack mini 9/40.

The second gun I sold was an Erma Excam RX22. I bought it as a trail gun/plinker in the 1980s. It is a copy of a Walther PPKs. It was a fun little gun but I never did use it as a trail gun or even shoot it very much. It's been sitting in the safe in it's original box for 30 years virtually unused. Paid less than $100 back in the day, sold it for $150.

The third gun I sold was a Remington RM380. I bought this from PSA about a year ago for $200 with a $100 rebate. With shipping and transfer fee I had $130 in it. They are going for considerably more now and I got $175 out of it. It was a cool, well made little gun but had the worse double action trigger on any gun I've every had. Just a horrible trigger that I could never get used to. I would have kept it if not for the trigger.

The forth gun I got rid of was one of my beloved Ruger SR22s. I bought one used about 5 years ago and my wife and daughter like it so much it kind of became their standby HD gun when I was away. I was away at the cabin about every week building my 22 range and like to shoot it as well so I bought another one for me. I had $275 w/5 mags for the second used one I bought. With the new Taurus TX22 17 shot 22 coming out this summer with a rebate that put it under $200 I thought I could dump one on my SR22s for about the same price and buy a Taurus and be $75+ ahead. Well the SR22 didn't sell and the Taurus rebate expired. The SR22s run at least $300+ new and mags are $24/each. Both the pistols and mags are overpriced IMO and with the new hi-cap 22s coming out like the Taurus and Keltec P17 I'm afraid it has priced itself out of the market. I ended up trading it for a S&W 2.0 Shield with built in laser figuring I could sell the Shield easier but then S&W just put another rebate on their pistols and you cam now buy a Shield for under $200 w/rebate. It's looks like I took a hit on that deal.

None the less I have $625 burning a hole in my pocket and a Shield 2.0 for the deals I made. I'm kinda waiting to see if the Taurus goes on sale with rebate for Black Friday and/or the Keltec P17 comes out. The P17 is a 17 shot 22 pistol that has a MSRP for under $200 and a street price around $160. It got horrible reviews on The Firearms Blog but if they fix the reliability issues it could be a real bargain.

I may end up carrying the Shield and if so I may sell my LC9 though I'm not sure anyone wants a first generation LC9 anymore with all the striker fired pocket pistols on the market. I'd probably not get very much for it. Maybe I'll trade it.
Maybe keep the LC9 for a truck gun? I wish I had kept my LC9. Very smooth DAO trigger and had it set up with TFO night sights. Would have made a dandy little 'extra' pistol. If I had kept it I imagine I'd be carrying it around the yard/neighborhood instead of the LCP. Though the LCP is nice to have when I really need a small pocket pistol.